Skip to main content
Topic: New look for my TC (Read 3167 times) previous topic - next topic

New look for my TC

Reply #15
Not a big fan of body wraps regardless of design I take it?

I'm going to have to agree.  I stared at that picture of your car for a while and just could not think of anything that you could do with a body wrap that would make it look good.

When I think "body wrap" on a car all I see in my head is those Scion xBs they park inside malls that have corporate logos all over them.  I just don't know how you could make something like that look good on a Tbird.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

New look for my TC

Reply #16
Quote from: shorangerbird
-why not do a slick looking paint job on one????
maybe a fade or stripes, etc....

Because a paint job, especially with effects is going to cost considerably more than a wrap job. Trying to save some dinero and end up with a neat looking car at the same time.
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #17
Quote from: cougar86_89
if you want the plane look up top then how bout doing panel that line up witheach other and the rivet blend better.and maybe a design or sphere shape stripe on the hood and if you extend the yellom line from the rear and keep that fall but strech it out a little longer to were it who line up with the bottom of the fender in front of the front tire and make it red blue orange black anycolor or that mirror chrome stuff ( or you could use that for the top half) with a thin pinstipping separating the two colors and make the bottom asolid color like blue with the blue oval shadowed or ghosted more or less in the back of it.
if you followed that at all what do you think? i was just thinkin and typin so though process on wording isnt great but i can explain more if needed

Not a HUGE fan of the aircraft look but it covers a lot of square footage well. I agree on bringing the back arch forward and removing the front one. I also like the checkered flag look, just got to figure how to keep it tasteful.
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #18
Quote from: Pressure cooked chicken
just got to figure how to keep it tasteful.

Don't put it on the car? ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

New look for my TC

Reply #19
80's nascar.......  comes to my mind. how would this giant 'sticker' be removed at a later time?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

New look for my TC

Reply #20
Heh...ask for an opinion here, and you'll get plenty. ;)

I don't mind from the swooshes down. If the top were "plainer" then the graphics would stand out on the bottom much better.

It looks as if your friend does a lot of race cars like this. That's fine for a race car...they all seem to have that "checkered flag/motion/grab your attention" theme nowadays. But on a street car it becomes too much. Besides....rusted rivets?! These things rust like that naturally; why accentuate that fact?! ;)

New look for my TC

Reply #21
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
80's nascar.......  comes to my mind. how would this giant 'sticker' be removed at a later time?

Nascar could be done as well. I'll get a couple of mockups this weekend. The "sticker" can be removed at any time without residue or damage to the paint.
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #22
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Heh...ask for an opinion here, and you'll get plenty. ;)

I don't mind from the swooshes down. If the top were "plainer" then the graphics would stand out on the bottom much better.

It looks as if your friend does a lot of race cars like this. That's fine for a race car...they all seem to have that "checkered flag/motion/grab your attention" theme nowadays. But on a street car it becomes too much. Besides....rusted rivets?! These things rust like that naturally; why accentuate that fact?! ;)

You see rusted rivets? Oh well, that can be modified. I guess I just want something different without being too far out there. Easier said than done:hick:
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #23
Quote from: Pressure cooked chicken
Nascar could be done as well. I'll get a couple of mockups this weekend. The "sticker" can be removed at any time without residue or damage to the paint.

I think it would look really cool  maybe later get some 15" bassets and white letter tires to complete the look:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

New look for my TC

Reply #24
i assume it doesnt have to wrap the car completely. if not, id tone it down and take advantage of it and come up with some sort of graffic....but not the whole car.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

New look for my TC

Reply #25
Yea, he can do partial wraps but that would expose some of the faded paint underneath. Me trying to be a cheap ass doesn't help any:D
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #26
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87
I think it would look really cool  maybe later get some 15" bassets and white letter tires to complete the look:D

Are you yankin my chain Sleeper T? And what the heck is a basset?
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #27
so just how much horsepower would that big sticker give you? :giggle:
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

New look for my TC

Reply #28
Quote from: fordguy
so just how much horsepower would that big sticker give you? :giggle:

with the aircraft rivets +5 checkered flag +10:D

If you want to just hide faded paint just get a single color wrap

New look for my TC

Reply #29
it think it will add about 140-150 after it tuned in right.

IMO the plane  needs to go if you want the flag how bout a shodowed/ ghosted flag. i think with some ghosted stuff it would tone it down and set it off.
1986 Cougar LS