Skip to main content
Topic: Its on!.... and I won! (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

Its on!.... and I won!

Well Ladies and Gents.... As some of you may know.... i blew a ring and blah blah blah.... my car started smoking... and i have to rebuild it

well today.... the bird got dug into.... im going all out... from the mainbearings up...everything new..

this is after a couple hours...

parts mind you... this isnt all of them

like the title says.... its on like donkey kong

-Clayton

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #1
Good Luck. I wish I could be doing that. I work too  much.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #2
Good luck indeed. Dont do what I did and lose all the bolts to the timing chain cover.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #3
thanks guys... im lookin foreward to seeing my oil pressure gauge have a purpose ;) before next weekend :D

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #4
goddluck to you and your bird. not as a diss but something is gonna go wrong and slow you up. piss you off and  you might forget something. with me saying this hopefully it will say on your mind and provent it. i should be a modovational specker for crackheads or some thing. got to be more exiting than bein a door greeter and handing out ads. but good luck hope you can get it done this week
1986 Cougar LS

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #5
well, i got hung up on the cam bearings.... no big deal... but im almost ready to start putting her back together.... i got all my pistons re-ringed.... and the rods have new bearings.... im probably gonna focus on the top end i.e. polishing the valves aleaning the  out of the ports... new keepers and shiznit

the progress of day 2...

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #6
movin quick
1986 Cougar LS

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #7
thanks

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #8
how is it going so far. think you are going to have it together soon?
1986 Cougar LS

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #9
Its going good..  i got some little shiznit holding me up....*cough cam bearings cough cough cough* and im gonna be painting things...after all that is done and i get my new cam bearings in its gonna come together real quick

right now im in the process of polishing my valves and getting all the junk gasket off of my heads and intake .... blegh

im hoping by next week to have it in and running :D ill get some pics of the stuff that has been done before the night is over

-Clayton
kinda bad when alll the gaskets are stock... never been touched

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #10
After you get that done, how bout putting some wheels on thing? Even 10-holes or turbines would be an improvement over spoke hubcaps!

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #11
;) one thing at a time one thing at a time

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #12
I hope you are getting the cylinders cleaned up...
Ryan[/i][/COLOR]
1986 2R[/b] SVO
1984 T-Bird 5.0 (In Hibernation since 10/96)

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #13
Paint the block while you're at it :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Its on!.... and I won!

Reply #14
oh they are miced out and honed with no imperfections or elliptical grooves or wear patterns... almost like a fresh black.... almost i said..

here the updates.... and the pics dont do any justice....
shiney :D

and this does absolutley no justice.... these heads shine but my cam sucks.

thats all for now ;) next time i update maybe she'll have pistons back in her and the oil pan back ond :D