Skip to main content
Topic: Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time (Read 23987 times) previous topic - next topic

Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time

Reply #45
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;454425
Still have low peddle after bleeding the brakes. Is there a difference in a TC prop/valve and my stock valve?

Yes, the prop valves are different. The TC prop valve directs more fluid to the rear brakes. You can either get a factory TC prop valve (which is a simple swap out) or an aftermarket adjustable prop valve, which requires modifying your stock one. I opted for a factory TC prop valve.

Reply #46
Quote from: kingcars;454432
Yes, the prop valves are different. The TC prop valve directs more fluid to the rear brakes. You can either get a factory TC prop valve (which is a simple swap out) or an aftermarket adjustable prop valve, which requires modifying your stock one. I opted for a factory TC prop valve.

This is the best way with a Turbo Coupe rear axle.

I took the easy way out. I just swapped in an 88 Cougar XR7 8.8. All I had to do was swap the 10" drum brakes from the 7.5 rear over and I was good to go.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #47
Quote from: kingcars;454432
Dosnt the TC pv have 3 lines where my Bird with drums has 2?
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #48
X

This is a photo of one out of a 87/88 Turbo Coupe.

Reply #49
As a FYI my set of rear control arms from Maximum Motorsports shipped today. I should get them by this coming Wednesday. Yours should be shipping soon I would assume.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #50
Quote from: thunderjet302;454461
As a FYI my set of rear control arms from Maximum Motorsports shipped today. I should get them by this coming Wednesday. Yours should be shipping soon I would assume.

Yeah I noticed my card got charged today and called them and they said the order will be shipping out today or tomorrow. There's also apparently the potential that this is the last set of control arms that they make for our cars :(

Reply #51
Yeah they told me they don't expect to make anymore as the demand is low. They even took them off their website.  I think they would make more if you asked them as they have the plans for the arms.

Reply #52
We finally finished tearing down the suspension this weekend and have the car pretty much ready to accept the new Maximum Motorsports suspension which should be arriving Thursday.

Ordered a set of Hawk HPS pads for the front and rear

I've also been finishing up other odds and ends, getting the other pieces to play with after the suspension and brakes are complete:

Things are coming along nicely. Next weekend, the gameplan is to get the shifter swapped out and do a fluid change on the transmission, then hopefully have time to start assembling the new suspension. The fun stuff is almost here! :)

Reply #53
How about CHE, know if they are still making arms for our birds? Wonder if they are as good as Maximum Motorsports....
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #54
CHE does still make them as far as I know, both lowers and uppers for the rear. During my discussions with Jack Hidley about the suspension setup, I did inquire about the CHE control arms. The issue in a nutshell is that installing rear control arms with regular polyurethane bushings increases binding in the 4 link setup in our cars, which prevents it from properly adjusting to different amounts of ride height/roll angle/etc. The MM RLCAs have a specifically designed 3-piece bushing to account for this and it is recommended to instead leave the stock rear upper control arm and simply install new rubber bushings.

More detailed statistics can be found here: http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=902398&postcount=5

Reply #55
More brake pressure to the rear wheels? Why on earth would you want that? #BurnoutsMatter
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #56
With all that cardboard on the garage floor, it looks like you need a creeper!
  :)

Reply #57
Quote from: 50RACER;454531
With all that cardboard on the garage floor, it looks like you need a creeper!
  :)

Haha we actually have one, but don't like how much it narrows down the amount of working space.

Reply #58
How old is that SmartTV? Still working good? I've seen a couple for free on craigslist locally, apparently half of the LED's in the backlight fail and many are left with the upper or lower half of the screen "dead" and it's a PITA to replace them.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #59
Still working great in the downstairs living room. The YouTube app is a bit spoogebersome but that's my only complaint with it.