Skip to main content
Topic: Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time (Read 23996 times) previous topic - next topic

Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time

Reply #15
Looking good :)

I actually kind of like the molding in white.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #16
Got the car back on Friday and it looks amazing!

The body shop did a wonderful job and even threw in great details like repainting the black mirrors, door handles, window trim etc. They touched up the black paint on the emblems, sprayed all the inner fender wells and the underside of the car (gas tank, frame rails etc). So now that paint is done, I'll soon be ordering the coil over kit from Maximum Motorsports along with new front and rear control arms. Stay tuned!

Reply #17
Looks great ... I wasn't sure on the TC header with Lx/Sport grill, but now that I see it I like it.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #18
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;453739
Looks great ... I wasn't sure on the TC header with Lx/Sport grill, but now that I see it I like it.

Thanks! I had seen a Tbird many years ago on Cardomain with the Sport grille and TC bumper and I liked it, so figured I'd try it on mine. I'm pleased with the results. It'll look better once I get a set of fog lights for it too. I also plan to get a Mach 1 chin spoiler for the car soon.

Reply #19
Nice job, looks amazing

Reply #20
Looks great :). I like it.

Get some Marchal fog lights in the bumper and it will look even better.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #21
Your hood lines up pretty  well with the header, which I feel is rare for all of these cars LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #22
very cool; I like all the little air inlets on the front of these thunderbirds. It would be cool if the 87 cougar's had a few more front fascia characteristics other than the bumper "grin".

Reply #23
Looks great!

Reply #24
Looks really sharp.

Ever think about stripping another grille and painting it white, too?

I did it to my white 'Bird back in 2005, and thought it looked tits. :D

Here's mine. I did a really good job painting it, the spots are bugs and stuff LOL

'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #25
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;453763
Looks really sharp.

Ever think about stripping another grille and painting it white, too?

I have thought about doing that; I have a spare grille I may mess with.

Reply #26
Looks very nice.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #27
So last weekend, we started going through the 8.8 to see what needed to be replaced/fixed/etc. Didn't take long to find carnage...

Apparently the calipers were frozen and bad things happened. New parts were put on order so that this weekend, the real fun could begin. Axle bearings and seals got replaced, put in new gear oil and gasket, new rotors, calipers, pads, etc. Did lots of grinding, wire-wheeling and cleaning. Even had to take a torch to one of the caliper pin brackets to get the pins loose. With everything painted up, I just had to mock everything up to see how it'd look...

Before:

After:

Also, I had been in contact with Maximum Motorsports for the last few weeks to put together a general gameplan for my suspension. We finalized everything this past week and I put my order in, which includes:

Koni shocks and struts
Front coil over conversion kit w/springs
Front control arms
Thunderbird Caster/Camber plates
Thunderbird Rear lower control arms w/adjustable spring perch
Rear springs (stock location)
Steering rack bushings
Axle bushings and install kit

Luckily I've got a set of Chuck W's shock mounts, so that should help smoothen the process as well. The order should ship in a couple of weeks, at which point it's going to be like Christmas all over again. In the meantime, there is still a lot of prep work to be done, so stay tuned!

Reply #28
So you're the other guy who has the Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear control arms on order. I ordered a set of the extreme duty adjustable rear control arms last weekend. I noticed they were on back order and called in. Turns out they ran out and had to make more. I should get the arms in about two or three weeks. Maximum Motorsports told me there was someone else waiting on the arms as well. Turns out it was you.

Reply #29
Haha! Actually, that wasn't me because I just ordered mine on Thursday. So that mean's there's an intruder :beatyoass: