Skip to main content
Topic: Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time (Read 24314 times) previous topic - next topic

Stella 2.0 - Major Overhaul time

Hey guys, it's been a while! Several months ago, my white Tbird (Stella) was the victim of a hit and run while she was parked at my apartment complex. Needless to say, I was not thrilled. I recently decided that it's time to get the paint and body finally redone, but as always, things snowballed and my to-do list has grown:

Stuff that needed to be done:
- New header panel (done)
- New front and rear bumpers (done)
- New drivers side front fender (done)
- New paint (done)

Ugh, the shocks and struts are worn out! Lets just repla..............no, screw that! I have a better idea:
- 11" Front disc upgrade (done)
- 8.8 disc brake rear swap w/3.55s (done)
- Maximum Motorsports street coil overs (done)

Came across this little gem and seems perfect for my plans for the car:
- Megasquirt PnP ECU (done)

While we're here, why not:
- TC Steering wheel (done)
- B&M Precision short shifter (done)
- Fog lights (obtained. Install coming soon.)

Here are some current progress pics!

Gathering Parts

Got the whole e-brake assembly (and corresponding brackets) as well.

Put the old wheels on and took her to the body shop yesterday morning

Wont miss the yellowed bumper

Reply #1
So What cha gonna do with the turbo coupe, just store it and drive once in a while? Wish I would have known you were looking for parts. I still have my wrecked bird that has a good driver fender and rear bumper, new looking grill, doors, trunk lid.... I was the guy you met a few years back with the burgandy  one and went to Paul Ceiners car show...
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #2
On the bright side rust isn't an issue where you live. Should be fairly easy to repair.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
Quote from: flipnbird;453426
So What cha gonna do with the turbo coupe, just store it and drive once in a while? Wish I would have known you were looking for parts. I still have my wrecked bird that has a good driver fender and rear bumper, new looking grill, doors, trunk lid.... I was the guy you met a few years back with the burgandy  one and went to Paul Ceiners car show...

I remember! Ugh I'm sorry to hear about your car :( . You still in the NC area? I'm in Charlotte now.

Once this project is done and I get some other life things done (neeeeeeeeed house with garage!), the TC will be undergoing a repaint and rebuild process; the engine needs to be regasketed, the clutch system needs some parts (front bearing retainer, clutch fork/throwout bearing etc) and new paint. I plan to keep it a stock cruiser and have the white Tbird as the "lets throw mods at it" car.

Reply #4
Quote from: flipnbird;453426

Still got the rust free, straight, clean driver side fender? I'm looking for one for my "crash parts" stash. It's the only front end piece I'm missing.

Shipping to Chicago might be tricky.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
King, are you going back with factory paint color or changing it up a little? Cant wait to see more pics after its all done.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #6
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;453486
King, are you going back with factory paint color or changing it up a little? Cant wait to see more pics after its all done.

Factory color, base coat/clear coat, redone pin striping as well.

Reply #7
Progress at the body shop!

Reply #8
Quote from: thunderjet302;453460
On the bright side rust isn't an issue where you live. Should be fairly easy to repair.

The fender in the photo is the one I told you about!

Reply #9
Quote from: 50RACER;453548
The fender in the photo is the one I told you about!

I figured. Of course now I could buy it from you :hick:.

My Thunderbird isn't rusty (it's from California). The problem is finding rust free sheet metal for spare parts up here.

Reply #10
Keep us updated, I always liked your 'bird!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #11
New pics from the body shop!

Still needs a few odds and ends like painting the molding black, but I'm getting excited! I've never had a Tbird with decent paint before :hick:

Reply #12
Clean !!! Looks great.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
Lookin GOOD    : )

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #14
Nice!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)