Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012 (Read 58254 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012

Reply #135
lol... You're funny
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #136
Today's fun

I should be able to weld everything back together tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #137
Today's progress....I was slackin today, and only got this far.
I really hoped my 87 would have been this quick and easy

Looks like there won't be much filler on this car either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #138
Nice progress!  I wish I could "slack" like you.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

Reply #139
Looking good!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #140
A little work today

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #141
When you're finished with this one are you going to find another to redo? You do such  nice work!

Reply #142
Wow.  You are the metal master! That looks amazing.  Well done.  Can you tell me what kind of welder you have?  I'm looking to get a welder.  Do you STICK or MIG or TIG weld?  What is the brand and Amperage of your welder?

Thanks!

Reply #143
I have a Lincoln 130C MIG with gas. it has no presets on it. I think it's now a 135C (maybe a 140)
You need to use .023 wire for sheet metal. and the gas...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #144
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;346161
When you're finished with this one are you going to find another to redo? You do such  nice work!

Not unless someone pays me to do one. I wasn't planning on restoring 2 of them when I signed on for this....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #145
Hey, It gets you out of the cold and snow.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #146
With those skills you could open a shop to restore peoples cars. But it might not be fun anymore if you did.

Reply #147
did some playing around today.
removed the rear bumper cover to reveal ancient technology..... A punch card taped the the bumper reinforcement.... This could contain the secrets to the future, or answers from the past.... We may never know.

After my amazing discovery today, the rest of the day seemed pretty average..

Testing out an idea for a new hood..

Then back to the weekend project..
need to fix a couple holes, but not bad considering the age of the car from the north.

A few more days on this side, and I can epoxy prime it... Then on to the other side.
Hope everyone had a good holiday..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #148
Lookin' good so far.  So this is the 1st time I've heard of a "punch card"...what exactly was their purpose?  Were they like a build sheet?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #149
Maybe the workers punched the options into that card as it went through production, then fed it into a UNIVAC computer and it spit out the build sheet. Who knows! Fascinating...
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7