Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012 (Read 58258 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012

Reply #150
Let an ancient member help you interpret the IBM card.
The top row of unlabeled holes is the 12 row.
The next row is the 11 row.
The rest of the rows are labeled 0-9.
The card has 80 columns
One hole per column in the 0-9 is a number.
Two holes per column is a letter.
12 + 1-9 is A-I
11 + 1-9 is J-R
 0 + 2-9 is S-Z

Reply #151
Quote from: daminc;346154

not to nitpick, but have you ever considered picking 1 of these up? it would eliminate the need for a backing plate.. looks great though, again, not trying to nitpick.. i have 1 of these and love it.. it haso has a hole puncher on the opposite side of the head ;)

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-punch--tool-1110.html

Reply #152
I got one, but the backing plate will ensure that the panel won't warp... acts as a heat sink. If you use that tool it won't fit behind existing  panels that are already welded, like next to the wheel well... plus you can only use it on flat panels, not curved panels like the lower parts of our cars, they will distort and warp before you even start welding them... it does has it's place though.....I use it where I can, and always use it to punch hole. give it a try.... you'll use a fraction of the filler when your done....My 87 has about a half a quart of filler on the entire car...  just remember that every time you use it, you distort the panel your working on to some degree....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #153
yeah, to prevent serious warping when using the  tool, i usually snip a piece out every couple inches, just a little 1/8" piece.. it really helps and the little bit i do get, i knock out with a hammer/dolly before i start tacking the patch in

Reply #154
everybody has their own way of doing things... I've been doing it this way since the mid 80s... High end shops will still do it this way, unless instructed to "butt weld" the panels by the customer. it's very quick, with no warping, tapping, straitening, or fixing. If the end product comes out the same, then that's what is important...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #155
pretty much, it doesn't matter how you do it as long as it's done right, straight and doesn't require a gallon of bondo :hick:

Reply #156
IBM card

Reply #157
So what is the purpose of this card on the line? And I will decipher it tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #158
I'm sure it will say "be sure to drink your Ovaltine"
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #159
funny, i just burnt boxes of them just today.  They were from the old "Bell Atlantic" days tied back to AT&T long distance calling.
Record keeping that isnt all that easy to delete if you ask me.

Reply #160
Quote from: CoogarXR;347214
I'm sure it will say "be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OWoG44VAw&feature=related
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #162
Got my rear replacement  lights today....I also got a gallon of DTM Epoxy Primer today too.

A little buffin, and they will look good as new

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #163
Well I guess it's that time of year again..... car time..

I found another hole. What are the chances.

trunk looks better without the wing already

anyone want this thing?..... it's out of here.

and some pre-fabing before the welding
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #164
Jerry, thanks for getting rid of that spoiler. You don't know how much that means to me.

Also, is that Pepsi can going to be used for the patch panel?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..