Skip to main content
Topic: Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012 (Read 58252 times) previous topic - next topic

Evolution II..... misc stuff ..... July 26, 2012

Reply #120
Awesome work,  gotta keep that red interior :) there's not many of us around here that stick with it lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #121
Kind of a Burgundy metal flake that has a slight tint of copper in it. Hard to explain,but I know what I mean.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #122
Quote from: Bob;344585
Awesome work,  gotta keep that red interior :) there's not many of us around here that stick with it lol

Definitely keeping it...I even found more to redo it...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #123
Quote from: vinnietbird;344588
Kind of a Burgundy metal flake that has a slight tint of copper in it. Hard to explain,but I know what I mean.LOL.

Black will work too, I got 2 more gallons...
thinking maybe a black cherry....
A lighter color  would be good to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #124
That photo looks familiar...LOL.

Jerry, a word of advice if you will...the area on the quarter panel where the roof was chopped off is very, very sensitive to paint and body filler. That's usually where paint stress-cracks. When my car got redone, we were careful to put the bare minimum of body filler, primer and paint there. And it worked great. Until the next summer, when there was a little more work done over there, and both quarter panels got re-clearcoated. Almost immediately after that, they cracked again. REALLY peed me off but since stress cracks in the paint are the "norm" for a convertible, I learned to live with it.

LFMF. ;)

Reply #125
Yea, I got those cracks.... I also burned off 1/2" thick patch of filler there too.. They just filled the curved body line . If they did a little more grinding on those welds, they wouldn't have needed so much filler. I still can't believe how little rust I found on the car..It was mostly all bad body work that made the car look so bad. We won't even go into the poor paint job....  lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #126
Are you going to stiffen the car like the '87?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #127
In what way? It already has a 2x3 frame under it, and a CHEs in the back.... I could weld some rails to the rockers I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #128
Quote from: daminc;344565
I'm guessing that this car didn't see a lot of winter driving... The rust holes are probably from the 1/4 windows not being sealed very well. the window on this side is in crooked, and the dew wipes are not touching the window near the Pass. door, and the salt air and rains from Florida didn't help it. The car was in Miami for a bit in the early years of 2000.

It must not have. From what I've seen these cars tend to rust out the frame rails pretty bad when exposed to salt.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #129
Quote from: thunderjet302;344747
It must not have. From what I've seen these cars tend to rust out the frame rails pretty bad when exposed to salt.

yea, I've seen that somewhere......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #130
Quote from: daminc;344580
Not sure what color yet....It needs to go good with a red interior though

So I take it the white won't be going back on?

I really like white, especially with the red interior, but I know its not for everyone.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

Reply #131
White is still an option...It's hard to tell what the car will look like in another color....There aren't a lot of them around to see if the color actually will look good with the red interior.... As far as I can tell... There aren't any verts that are black with a red interior. Black would look good with all the chrome. I would also like to find some chrome or stainless rockers for it too....So many decisions.....lol. At least I'm not rebuilding the entire car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #132
Quote from: daminc;344862
At least I'm not rebuilding the entire car.

Yet...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #133
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;344914
Yet...

No chance of that happening.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #134
Do it, you need more practice!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +