Skip to main content
Topic: Peaceful protest thread (Read 24837 times) previous topic - next topic

Peaceful protest thread

I have enjoyed membership in this wonderful forum since 2009.  I have some really wonderful friends, learned a tremendous amount of tech and at times been able to contribute back here as well.  There has always been for the most part, a certain harmony, respect and decorum shown here, which has made this a bit of an oasis in a desert of bullshiznit and drama so prevalent in automotive related forums.

All of that being said, there has been a recurring problem and instrument of discord, that has largely and inexplicably been ignored.  Far be it from me to tell the Mods, and Admins how to run their site and message board, but i have had enough of it, and several other non trouble making regulars here have as well.  I am now along with Paul (V8Demon) going to take a break here and see what happens moving forward.  I can be reached by any and all at davidconn1@mac.com or 516-978-5988 if anyone needs to contact.  I will be on all the Facebook pages, so its not a farewell, just a moving on to places with no BS and drama, at least for now until this situation hits some kind of critical mass and resolves.  I will be checking PM's so again reach out any way you can. 

Here is the link to the discussion that has pushed it to the limit:  Scroll to bottom

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?37686-For-my-next-trick/page2

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #1
Every word Paul said in the other thread can likewise be said to have come from my own keyboard.

I don't mind when he's giving factual, unbiased help, but to be condescending, much less to a board veteran, is simply unacceptable. I don't say this because I'm biased against one make, or for another. I'd feel the same way if he was strictly Ford, through and through.

I also don't give a toss about owning other makes...hell, I've had Jeeps, Dodges, 4 Chevy vehicles, long-term drove a Toyota, and own a Kia. In addition to having had 2 F trucks, 4 Fox Thunderbirds, 1 MN12 Thunderbird AND Cougar, and owning 5 Mustangs and one Capri over the years.

I respect longevity and knowledge. But arrogance because of those I won't put up with. I too have had some absences from this forum, and likely will again at some point. I just get fed up with the same ole, same ole....same guy always arguing, or posting that "my way is the only right way and you are shaging wrong" just gets old, you know.

And it's not that Tom is complete asshole, he and I have PM'ed a few times, he seems like a good guy, but, I'm not straddling the fence.

I also know when to toe the line, and if I slip up, once is all it takes to be told and it doesn't happen again.

First it was hand written letters. CB radio. Then chat rooms went bye bye. Now forums are the chatrooms 5 years ago....a dying breed. Look at corral, for example. If that place can get sold and go to utter shiznit, any car forum can, especially one that's for out of production nameplate.

All you other old timers...I say that in relativity, as I've only been here since 2004....all you long haulers...the writing is on the wall. Not saying to click "log out" and forget the URL, but we......we are the last of the dinosaurs....and that meteorite is hurtling towards our little sparkly ball...know what I mean.

Bad attitudes only make things that much worse. Peace, homies.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #2
I agree Beau. What's the saying? 1 bad apple.... It's just a shame 1 person is going to cause this site to go down. It sounds like it might get a little lonely here.

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #3
Workin' on it, guys. Things are happening. You'll see a difference soon enough...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #4
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?37258-I-enjoyed-my-stay-here-!!!

No disrespect to you Thunder Chicken, but read post #23..............he may have tons of knowledge, but his arrogance and ego do not belong on this forum !!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #5
I know, I know. I haven't kept up my end of the bargain. In my defence, I don't read every thread. I did not know this was going on until Paul messaged me through Facebook. Things are under way now though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #6
And that brings about a great point.

The admins don't always see everything or know that there's an issue unless we get a notification from someone. Please don't assume that we don't care or choose to ignore something...we simply may not know what's going on. Let us know and we will take the appropriate actions.

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #7
I'm glad to see that things are being handled. I'd hate to see this forum and it's membership go away due to one members lack of tact.
When it gets to the point that valued members are leaving it's time to pull the plug on that one individual, regardless of his knowledge.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #8
I'm a new guy here, but not to auto-related Internet forums in general.  People on any vBulletin boards should remember they have the option of using that little exclamation point in the triangle to the bottom left of every post to report something to the mods / admins that they feel is an issue.  They also have the option of utilizing the "ignore user" feature to not see the posts from that person.

But I certainly agree, anyone who is rude and condescending to other forum members should be dealt with, regardless of their knowledge and helpfulness otherwise.

cheers
Ed
84 Mustang SVO
95 Jaguar XJR

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #9
Just for the record as i am sure i will be kicked off shortly i was just fooling around with that statement about the power plant. I was just kidding
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #10
I love it here. I'd like to think I have never been mean or rude to anyone here, but, I have had a few act in a fashion I can do without, but I generally just respond nicely and let them choke themselves. I won't list the names of those people, but, they know very well who they are. I won't be leaving the forum, and, I'm hoping it picks up to the activity level it used to be at. It's still the best forum for me, although I do look at a couple more. But this one is "home'. It'll be a cold day before somebody runs me off. I consider the source, then keep moving forward.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #11
To the credit of the admins, i know its difficult to know every issue or tangent going on here, and furthermore i know its behavior that is not condoned or sanctioned.  This has been a long time issue, and if its being addressed i think that is proactive and great.  I think as a suggestion, moving forward, a 3 strikes and your out policy might be a good thing to consider.  Once, anyone can goof or have a brain fart, twice, you were warned and obviously don't care or are just borderline dumb, and third time, take a hike and look for new victims of your stupidity.  We are all supposed to be grown ups, and need to put on the big boy underwear and just be civil and courteous.  I learned every useful social grace by the time i was 5 years old.  Please, excuse me and thank you, or at worst i respectfully disagree are all that are required for civlil discourse on a public message board.  I did not feel run off here, but i do think that there is a line in the sand, and when people cross it, if you are a self respecting person you need to do what you think is right.  Message boards are fighting tooth and nail to hang on.  They are a wonderful and useful place to gather and research info and archive it.  Social media, Facebook, twitter, etc are making the social parts we all have enjoyed here, somewhat redundant.  I don't purposely bypass the forum to chat with pals from here, but i am mostly using FB messenger and texts as well as posting on the various car pages devoted to our beloved foxes.  Thanks for everyone taking time to discuss this issue in an adult manner.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #12
I've been on this forum since i was 16, back in the sleezy board days. For the most part, this has been the best forum I've ever been on. Its not uncommon for people to stick around for years after they sell the only fox they ever owned.

I know I've been on the wrong end of a few people over the years. Hopefully no grudges were held.

Renzo can be annoying, but I've just started ignoring him as a whole.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #13
I have no grudges with anyone here. Usually when things go a little off center, things usually work themselves out pretty good. Everybody has a bad day, and sometimes things are said without thinking. We move on and work it out. For a small forum, we pretty much can't ask for much more, and for the most part, we take care of each other pretty well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Peaceful protest thread

Reply #14
Quote from: Haystack;444673
I've been on this forum since i was 16, back in the sleezy board days. For the most part, this has been the best forum I've ever been on. Its not uncommon for people to stick around for years after they sell the only fox they ever owned.

I know I've been on the wrong end of a few people over the years. Hopefully no grudges were held.

Renzo can be annoying, but I've just started ignoring him as a whole.

I can personally vouch for that - I sold my T-Bird back in 2010. I'm here more because it's like a meeting place for old friends. I will have another Fox some day, though.