Skip to main content
Topic: Northern 88 Midnight Blue Bird (Read 6463 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern 88 Midnight Blue Bird

Reply #15
XXXmore

Reply #16
Nice looking bird.....and that is the original engine.
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #17
Quote from: TOM Renzo;436310
Nice ride needs to be droppet a little bit to really make it stand out. great job!! Have a good day guys
If he drops it much, he's going to put those negative offset wheels right into his fenders the first time the car leans or dives.  Ask me how I know.

Reply #18
Come to think of it - you probably are right , I believe those are oversized tires I have on it.

Reply #19
The tires probably aren't the issue, it's where the backspacing of the wheels places the tires in relation to the fenders.  Tires won't fix that, you probably need different wheels if you're going to lower it at any point, if not then carry on.

Reply #20
Ahhhh Ok I understand thanks -

Reply #21
XXX

Reply #22
X

Reply #23
That is one sweet looking bird!
In my opinion it doesn't need to be lowered or swap wheels. I like it as is, but then I am just an old country boy.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Reply #24
Pretty clean Tbird....with the SO 5.0...

congrats on owning and driving her....

Travis

Reply #25
Im with the guys that say lower it. whenever you lower tbirds and put wider tires, they look pretty mean :)
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #26
Quote from: kylesburrell;437943
Im with the guys that say lower it. whenever you lower tbirds and put wider tires, they look pretty mean :)

When you say they look MEAN, is this kinda what you MEAN?

2" drop, sitting on 245/45/17s wrapped around 8 1/2" MSW wheels.

Just because I'm old country doesn't mean that I can't appreciate my lowered TC with fat tires….LOL
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Reply #27
Yeah! thats pretty awesome! :)
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #28
Quote from: BLKBRD88;437946
When you say they look MEAN, is this kinda what you MEAN?

2" drop, sitting on 245/45/17s wrapped around 8 1/2" MSW wheels.

Just because I'm old country doesn't mean that I can't appreciate my lowered TC with fat tires….LOL
Ron

That a SWEET ride.... There is just somethin' about a black TC:cool.....
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #29
Looks great man but stance is everything