Skip to main content
Topic: Northern 88 Midnight Blue Bird (Read 6585 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern 88 Midnight Blue Bird

Reply #30
Great looking ride!  No one will ever understand why we have fallen in love with these cars.
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

Reply #31
All I know is that everywhere I go I see Mustangs, Mustangs, Mustangs, old ones, new ones, restored ones, beat up ones, py , nice, you name it Mustangs are all over but you rarely see T-birds and when I do I smile, because they are far and few. I find Mustangs are over rated. I only like the old 60's ones myself

Reply #32
Quote from: 50tbrd88;436281
Good work!  Most people just don't "get" these cars.  They just see them as old '80s cars with no value.  It takes someone with real passion to stick to their guns and see the project through when your not working on something mainstream like a muscle car, etc.

+1 (as I'm currently working on an 83 and 84!) :hick:

Quote from: GigShooTer69;438094
All I know is that everywhere I go I see Mustangs, Mustangs, Mustangs, old ones, new ones, restored ones, beat up ones, py , nice, you name it Mustangs are all over but you rarely see T-birds and when I do I smile, because they are far and few. I find Mustangs are over rated. I only like the old 60's ones myself

I've got a mix of TBirds and Mustangs and would probably own some other models if I had unlimited space.  Took a 2000+ mile roadtrip in my '09 GT and not sure I'd want to do that in an old 60's Mustang. :)
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #33
Quote from: rodsterh;438115
I've got a mix of TBirds and Mustangs and would probably own some other models if I had unlimited space.  Took a 2000+ mile roadtrip in my '09 GT and not sure I'd want to do that in an old 60's Mustang. :)

We also have a mix of Ponys & Tbirds, & like them all.
At times it is nice to just sit back in one of the Tbirds & cruise along the highway. At other times we like to go cruising in the SVO, or in the GT with the top down. Personally, I can't say that I prefer one or the other between birds & ponys.
We recently did a 1650 mile trip back to AZ. in the 86 GT vert and while obviously not as comfortable as the Birds, it was a fun trip for us.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)