Skip to main content
Topic: Pics of the Sport.... (Read 5496 times) previous topic - next topic

Pics of the Sport....

Yes, everybody has seen it, but I have a couple of members wanting to see it for different reasons, so, I thought I'd toss a few out....here they are....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #1
Right before I left the paint shop...

Trunk lid gas struts...

Fuel pump access panel in the trunk under the carpet....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #2
Console cup holder....

Dome light....

Explorer sun visors.....

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #3
push button start....

Pistol grip....

Taurus fan and three row aluminum radiator...

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #4
Engine shot.....

Trip[minder....

Gauges....

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #5
I have since had the windows tinted, new stereo with Sirius XM, and more to come.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #7
Looks GOOD. I like the idea of the access panel for the fuel pump. I have the same shifter handle except with line-lok button.What happened to the handle you were fabbing up?
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #8
Very nice car Vin.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #9
Gorgeous car! That puts all others to shame.
If it looks like a duck.............walks like a duck...........quacks like a duck......................its a DUCK!

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #10
It does look good without the molding.
If it looks like a duck.............walks like a duck...........quacks like a duck......................its a DUCK!

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #11
Quote from: vinnietbird;435774
I have since had the windows tinted, new stereo with Sirius XM, and more to come.

....."and more to come''......Hey Vin,  I'm finding out these cars are "hobby cars" and are NEVER truly finished! lol. Like the others said, the Sport looks great.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #13
i appreciate you guys and the comments. These pics were to show a couple of our members some things they were wanting to see.

As far as no side trim....it's a double edged sword. Super easy for dents in the door from other cars because there's no rubber strip there. Good part, the natural body lines speak for themselves and look great.

I will take new pics when I can. I swapped my valve covers yesterday to make sure they fit. They are 4 inches tall. I had to use a one inch spacer under the plenum, and modify the throttle cable bracket as it touched the valve cover even with the one inch spacer in place. I lengthened the mounting holes in the throttle cable bracket WAY down so it can slide way up to clear. That worked fine.  Not sure that these covers will be the ones I will stick with. May go back to my FPV covers. Either way, easy stuff.

The fuel access cover was a mod I did a few years ago. Sure makes fuel pump swapping on the road a pleasure. Anywhere any time, and all I need is a Phillips and standard screwdriver, and a hammer, and about fifteen minutes if I choose to really take it slow. Once the panel is on, the carpet is back down, nobody would ever know.

The gas struts for the trunk lid were done because after the lip spoiler was added to the trunk lid, when I'd raise the trunk lid, the tension rods couldn't maintain the weight if the slightest breeze was blowing, so, I removed the rods, tossed them away, and fabbed some brackets and installed gas struts. Now when I pop the trunk, the lid raises nice and slow to the fully opened position, and wind will not close it, yet it's still easy to close by hand.

As far as the shifter  I'm working on, I still have a LOOOONG way to go. I worked on it for about 90 minutes last week. Starting to see the shape of the top of it. It's a slow process, but I'm in no hurry. Trying to concentrate on finishing under the hood.

I have the heads and cam about ready to go in. I am down to fluids, lower intake gaskets, timing cover/water pump gaskets, and header gaskets. Then everything can go together. I'm trying to balance the parts purchasing and also making payments on the heads. Both are getting there slowly. No funds ever come from my paycheck for the car, so, it's a slow process, but well worth it when I'm done, and when people ask how much I have into the car, I can honestly say, "nothing".

I've got some studying to do now. I have really never messed with stud mount rockers before, and those are going on the new heads. So, gotta learn how to adjust them correctly.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #14
Is the "push to start" button a left over from a James Bond ejector seat? It kinda looks like it ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.