Skip to main content
Topic: Pics of the Sport.... (Read 5503 times) previous topic - next topic

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #15
Quote from: thunderjet302;435804
Is the "push to start" button a left over from a James Bond ejector seat? It kinda looks like it ;).

I may need to get one of those "push to start" stickers for my neighbor to put on his non-Ford bumper... :p

Vinnie, Nice car, well planned and executed, with design ideas worth emulating.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #16
I dig the button, but I am going to change the PTS button with a smaller green lit button and aluminum housing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #17
Everything looks really nicely done.  Fine example of our cars.
Mike

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #18
Like I said, anybody can do a Mustang. Takes something a bit more involved and dedicated to do one of these cars. Mustangs are the easy way out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #19
Well done Vinnie, well done.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #20
Thank you, Sir. Still have a long list of things to do, but getting there one step at a time. I'm about to start some fab work. More on that as it happens.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #21
Shiny, So that's what you did with the console cover. Looking good!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #22
Thanks Kitz !! I'm looking for another console "cap" like that one, but apparently they don't exist anymore. The search continues.......

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #23
Wow, that is a very appealing green. That would have looked good on my (or any) old light sage '85 cat with tan interior.

I like the stance of your car and appropriately sized tires and wheels too.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #24
Thanks a lot. The biggest thing I would change, if I had access yo the parts, is putting the interior from gray/black to tan. Never see tan interior parts anymore.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #25
Looks good Vinnie! I like the look of the Torino sport hood scoop. I wasn't sure how the scoop would look but it works good with the shape of the car.

Where did you get the Australian "Ford Performance Vehicle" emblem on the intake? It adds a unique touch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #26
Looking good Vinnie.  Shave and fill those door handles and it'll be perfect.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #27
Oh noooooo, handles stay in place. I actually don't like the "smooth" look. I like something there to break up all that green.

I got the emblems from a Ford dealership in Australia over the internet. They did away with FPV and they are getting more expensive.

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #28
From what I have read they won't be manufacturing cars in Australia soon as they have for so many years so it stands to reason that FPV wouldn't continue also. I like the unique touch the decal adds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Pics of the Sport....

Reply #29
The car looks awesome as usual.  I bet tinting the windows really made it pop.

Vin remind me again where your paint color comes from?  It seems like I remember it being a factory Ford color?  Reason I ask is that I'm working on a '73 F250 4x4 project and the original color was "Limestone Green Metallic".  Looks to be pretty close to your color...

Here's Limestone green: 

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/data/500/13043greenuncut.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455285843552817031/
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube