Skip to main content
Topic: Huge scare about 45 minutes ago....... (Read 8697 times) previous topic - next topic

Huge scare about 45 minutes ago.......

Reply #15
Sorry to hear what happened Vinnie. I'm glad you are ok.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #16
Thanks guys. As much as it sucks, it is a good thing that the Sport, over all, is in good shape. Just need to source some parts, and there are none around here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
Glad you ok!!!  sorry don't have a part you need, but will keep and eye out!!

Reply #18
Thanks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
I think I have most parts accounted for. Brake pieces, wheel, and brake drum for an '83 Bird are ordered . I'm pretty sure that's the drum I need. if not, I can get a refund.

Reply #20
You need to keep that in the garage, It don't like the road. Glad to here it wasn't worst than what it is.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #21
No Kidding Kitz. Dang. I think she's been off the road so long she forgot what to do. LOL.

Reply #22
Here's the wheel......

Reply #23
That's crazy. definitely throw some security lugs after that.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #24
Hi Vinnie,
I just read this and have never said hello since I have joined this site, glad you got through this with minimal side effects.
Your rims are some of the best looking 4 lug wheels I have ever seen.
Glad you are okay.
Mark
1985 Turbo Coupe
1988 Thunderbird Sport
1996 F150

Reply #25
Hey, Vinnie… you can make a shop clock out of that rim now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
Pro SC....Thanbks, and drop a "hello" any time.

Reply #27
Jerry, that is EXACTLY what I told Gayle yesterday. I have a clock motor and hands. LOL.

Reply #28
Damm Vinnie that some crazy stuff there..

I like the shop clock idea,  I still have my bent up rod and piston from my blown apart 302,  makes a nice shop ashtray
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #29
When I clean up and move everything around in the garage, I'm going to hang the turbo coupe hood on the wall for a bulletin board, and use the wheel as a clock. Have some other plans as well to "re-cycle" some old parts.