Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone still finding good Fox junkyard parts? (Read 5739 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone still finding good Fox junkyard parts?

Reply #15
The u-pulls here have a good stock of Fox cars, the thing is that you have to get to them quick.
Once they have been in the yards for a few days, they have been picked and abused beyond use by others.
They will go after a certain part, and if they rip everything else to shreds to get to that part, they don't care.
It's sad...

Reply #16
A couple weeks ago, I had fairly good luck finding parts.

I got 3 87-88 bird tail lights in about perfect shape, a center console and dash surrround, a actual fox trip computer (first I've seen in a fox...), and a bunch of other parts. I almost bought some ltd manual mirrors, but after test fitting them, I don't think they would work well.

One junkyard had 3 86 tbirds, all full power  in decent shape, but no center console. Another yard I got skunked, another had about 4 87-88 birds, including a 87-88 tc with the entire rear axle (rare here), but interiror was screwed up, and another yard had 2 83-86 birds, but nothing super fancy, other then the good center console I picked up. Also had one or two 81 cougars, several ltd's and one mark 7 h.o. found some gt40 heads, but no intakes on ford explorers. A couple of gutted 94-04 mustangs, no engine/tranny, and mostly stripped intireor.

That was my black Friday shopping this year.

3 tail lights in almost perfect shape (I have a full spare set!)
1 center console, 1 trip computer (decent shape)
Couple of trim brackets, a floor shift surround and two "cubby hole"center console trays.

All for about $50 and a mornings fun. Took me almost twice as long to swap in the center console, delete the drivers power seat, wire in the stereo and speakers (p.o. cut all the. Stock wires for some reason to wire in a stock 85-88 stereo?). Had enough for a couple weekends, gonna do the trip computer when I get bored, or when the car is down to fix the transmission.

Only weird thing, I didn't see a single 83-88 cougar.

Right now the car has 1st and 2nd as useable gears, but revs and slips in 3rd with any added throttle. Going to plan on either a 5speed or a rebuilt aod around tax time.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
want gt40 heads man if you can spare them,, would better like the complete upper set but any piece of the puzzel is good for now.

Reply #19
It's odd but if a Fox is in the yard near me it's always a Cougar. I found one last week and it was trashed. It was an 87 LS 5.0 with a floor shift. Red with red leather.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #20
There are a but load up here I come across good stuff all the time

Just stripped a few things off a 88 TC

Reply #21
Quote from: STANG8U;404931
There are a but load up here I come across good stuff all the time

Just stripped a few things off a 88 TC

What jy? any good parts left?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #22
Pick n pull in the high desert      Some not many

Reply #23
The snow belt sucks......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #24
I love the jy I go so often I find good stuff some times

But so dose the rest of SOCAL FTL

Reply #25
Well, I didn't find it at a junkyard, but I did get a TC gauge cluster with the 140 mph speedo in it today. That's gotta count for something. I already have on in the Sport, but couldn't turn down the chance to get it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #26
If any one was close to me, we have about 4 birds in the junk. 2 TC and a couple cougars. Then some other fords.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #27
Soul, if you go back, what yr/shape are the front bumper covers in? I need a 86' T/C cover, rear reinforcement bar, trunk lid w/o rust and a good scratch free windshield. Let me know what shape and the cost. I could probably meet you half way.

I'm also going to hit a couple u-pull-its around here to see what they got (if any). I need some other stuff anyway.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #28
I wonder if the bird up here got crushed yet

What do the 140 speedos come in ?

Reply #29
They were Ford Motorsports pieces that were bought through the dealer and installed at the dealership, or at home. They are getting harder to find all the time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..