Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone still finding good Fox junkyard parts? (Read 5961 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone still finding good Fox junkyard parts?

Reply #45
Hopefully it thaws out by then! :hick:

Looks to be a pretty complete car, get some more pictures if you can.
tbirdregistry.com

Reply #46
I haven't been able to find one in my area for about a year if I have they're usually rotted out I found a nice 85 5.0 asked to buy it from the yard they said they wouldn't sell the whole car then crushed it two months later

Reply #47
Made a 50 mile round trip to the next nearest Pick-N-Pull after finding this:
http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/1FABP46W7GH162961
A sad sight indeed, Looks like the car was dumped in a lake or something. Interior is rusted and nasty and supports were crunchy.
It's also a factory Manual...
I took a bunch of body and random TC specific parts. This is the first 4eye TC I've seen in the Junkyard in my 10+?years of Junkyarding.
Thought I was going to be over $200... But register guy just looked at the stuff and got lazy and only charged Me for large things. For $111 I got cart full o' TC goodies.

Marchals gone sadly, Got the brackets though.
Turbo was on it still. Don't know how the heck to get it unbolted without troubles, Also don't know if it's seized or not.
Someone took the shifter, Pedals hard to get at with the electric seat all the way forward.

PS: Side Moulding is SO exhausting to pull off... And I feel like our Astro Van only gets around 10mpg.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #48
 that's a sad bird lol

Reply #49
They just put out a 1979 Mustang Cobra "Turbo" at the local PnP. Car has been kind of molested... Has a stock painted up 302 now, Would have got the hooker long tube headers but they cut off connections and welded them to basically straight pipes out the back... I grabbed the hood scoop.
1989 Super coupe also, engine hasnt been touched yet, Would have proabably got the Supercharger, But passed at almost $250+Tax...
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #50
 my buddy just stripped a 79 in the yard

I went today no bird love ... There was a sc but yea the sc was gone I wonder what they paid lol

Sc on Craig's list around hear go for dirt I would just buy a whole car lol

Reply #51
I just had a young guy drop off two doors off an "85" cougar. They have power locks, power windows, power mirrors, and door handles (spares). I also bought a pair of "87" hood hinges w/ springs, sport coupe rear axle w/quad shocks. He wanted to sell me the power seats, but I didn't want them. Arizona is great for parts, they are cheap and only wear and surface rust to worry about.