Skip to main content
Topic: New Here 83 Thunderbird (Read 57088 times) previous topic - next topic

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #135
can't get used to that grill.... but love the rest.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #136
Quote from: EFFalcon;430201
can't get used to that grill.... but love the rest.

That grill was in the Ford Motorsports catalog back in the day with the full authorized body kit, and was a hot ticket back then.  I still like it on a monochrome TC.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #137
I have the FMS wing also, not sure if I am going to use it or not, wish I had the FMS wing he had modified with a French in Honda third brake light, we cant find that one.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #138
I have not lost interest guys, just have been busy with family stuff, soccer has started and we purchased a camper to do some camping this summer.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #139
I got tbird out for some fresh air the other day to wash it up with the truck
X

X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #140
Dude, you live in the sunshine state.  YOU NEED TO DRIVE that bird more.  She is sooo pretty, she deserves to be driven and enjoyed.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #141
Thanks I have some more brake work and have to get some struts and shocks before I feel safe to leave the neighborhood.

Quote from: MechanicMatt;434980
Dude, you live in the sunshine state.  YOU NEED TO DRIVE that bird more.  She is sooo pretty, she deserves to be driven and enjoyed.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #142
Congrats on the testdrive after a lot of hard work!

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #143
I finally got the car to the ler shop and had the exhaust done, what a major difference, also found my brake line leak while car was up on the rack.
X
X
Me towing the bird to the ler shop

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #144
Nice, make sure to throw up a new video with the new lers.  Your bird is awesome!
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #145
Well got her out today for a wash, I drove around the neighborhood a bit, now going up on the stands for the sn95 brake upgrade on the front.  Also going with new struts and rear shocks.  So cool, after setting up for a week or better, she started right up, now the carb is adjusted.  Once I get the brakes and struts, I think I am going to get some casters and camber plates while I am in there.  Updates coming soon

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #146
X
X

Well I got the old air shocks off the rear, and so I went a head an cut the home made bump stops off, he had made them because he had a wall of 18in sub woofers where the back sent went.  That box was heavy and it rubbed the tires, he had 15x8.5 reverse offset on it and stuck out past the fenders.  I am glad he kept the factor spots with the rubber goes

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #147
Ordered some new rear shocks today

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #148
I went today back do the body shop that work on this car back in the 90's to look for the window felt tracks, so I can roll up the windows into the doors, well they have moved everything to a big storage shed out back, but I asked if they found the rear spoiler with the molded in third brake light that went to the car.  Guess what, it was right in front of the stack.  I did not have time to look into everything moved for the tracks.  I need felt part, but I will take this find, it is part of the FMS body kit.

XXX

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #149
Amazing they held on to that after all those years. Hopefully they held on to your window run weather strips too.

Your Bird is looking great.