Skip to main content
Topic: New Here 83 Thunderbird (Read 57094 times) previous topic - next topic

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #150
Man I hope so, that is what I really need right now, so the window can go up nice and tight.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #151
Found a brake line leak on the rear line, and since I fixed the bump stop location, I had to cut off the tabs I had put on for the brake line.  I relocated the tabs and got some new line to bend up today.  Also got some new bleeder valves for the calibers.  Rear shocks are done, so will not be long and the rear is finished.  I will be ready to tackle the front brakes soon.

X
X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #152
Installed window run channels from a 89 Lincoln mark vii, will get pics up soon

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #153
I installed the window run channels from a 1989 mark vii, they fit great and looked good.
XX

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #154
I installed a 93 cobra brake booster with a Lincoln m/c.

X
X
X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #155
Ok, back at it some, I just placed my order for the CHE upper and lowers for the bird.  I will post some pics when they come in.  Get the rear end tighten up I will get back on the front, doing the SN-95 front spindles, CC plates, new struts, ball joints, and brakes.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #156
Well, I had to replace the master cylinder on Saturday, was leaking on the brake booster side.  I just got email from UPS that my CHE control arms will be here tomorrow.  Also, chuck shock adapters soon be here soon too, cant wait.  I am going to get some new rubber bushing for the rear mount for uppers and some new spring isolators so I can do all at one time.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #157
They came in, can't wait to get them on.

X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #158
nice ihad a cougar,not as nice as this yet though

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #159
Nice there!
I just recently ordered my adjustable uppers from CHE with rod ends.
Can't wait to get them on the car! But I went Maxium Motorsports on the lower.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #160
I got the fog lights in, they are from my moms 85 tbird.  She had a similar front spoiler, they are just Rally fog lights, I put new bulbs and painted them.

X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #161
I received my chuck shock mounts, cant wait for couple more things and going to be putting all rear end stuff on

X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #162
I ordered torque box reinforcements and coil spring isolators, they will be here on Wednesday, only thing left to get is the tail housing rubber bushing for the uppers.  I cant wait to start putting all this on the rear end.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #163
X
X
I made a switch panel where the cigarette lighter plate was

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #164
X
X

Well my fuse holder could not handle the current from the electric fans, so did so research and found that some guys run a St95 continuous duty solenoid (95amp) with a 60 amp maxi fuse.  I also change out the power and ground to 8ga wire with fuse holder.  Took out the fuse holder and put the solenoid there, going to get a better fuse holder for the relays for headlights, fog-lights, and fuel pumps