Skip to main content
Topic: New Here 83 Thunderbird (Read 57086 times) previous topic - next topic

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #105
yes the breather hose need to be fixed, I noticed that yesterday also, and I will get another fitting for the carb, so there is not such hard bend on fuel line.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #106
Gauges look good

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #107
Thanks Stang8u, and I routed the air breather tube to fit better, it was bothering me after it was pointed out, thanks, looking at a different way on the fuel line, cause I am going to add a filter up there also.  I cant wait to get this car going.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #108
I went and got a banjo type fitting for the fuel inlet, which made the line straight, thanks for tip.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #109
Keep up the good work. It's looking good!

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #110
Need some new plug wires, but little update, put on some new PS high and low lines today.
X

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #111
Got the drive shaft cut and balanced, new u joints, and new u bolts, they even polished it up for me.

XX

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #112
Very nice !!

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #113
Another update, I had the back glass set today, and new exhaust hanger kit came in, ordered from later model restoration, great kit!!

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #114
So what all needs to be done to hit the road ?

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #115
3G alternator, bleed the brakes, hang the exhaust and some window felt so the glass doesn't rattle in the door.  Local trim shop said they can get some universal kit for the doors, going to see what they have.

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #116
Not to far off

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #117
Good job. It's coming along well. Should be a fun car for you!

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #118
Cleaned up the exhaust and ler today, the H-pipe look like the ler does in picutre before cleaning.

XX

New Here 83 Thunderbird

Reply #119
I got the h-pipe on the car, but going to have to get the pipes from ler to h-pipe done to finish, going to use turn downs for a bit, while finishing up other stuff.  I have crank the motor several times now to time it and check for leaks, it ran fine for a good bit on Friday and never got over 180 on temp gauge setting in the shop running, the oil psi is about 50 idol and 60 psi with little revving up.  The electric fans worked very well so far too.  I have decided to add a another relay and switch to turn on and off the fuel pumps, just in case the key get turned on.  if the weather is right this week, going to try finishing up the back window trim with paint and put it all back on.  I will get some pics soon and upload of some of the progress, cause I have the red motorsport plug wiring coming in also.