Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird from Sweden (Read 45105 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird from Sweden

Reply #45
Time for an update then! :)
Seat tracks in the car, turned out nice imo

Used original seatbelt holes and put the anchor for the 4 point harness in them

Locked with a locking pin

Mounting the A-pillar back on with gauges on it

Looks good! :)

Drew the boost gauge pipe, cables for the A/F Monitor and cables to the fuel pressure sensor through the clutch hole

Connected the boost gauge to the vacuum tree

And then also a packade found it's way home! :)
What could this be?

Only one thing, the supercharger!

Also my father got some goodies like these heads for his Termintor

And some oil

Anyways, some pics from today when I mounted the A/F monitor

And also bought some Estonian inspirational drink from my brother ;)

Reply #46
Ahh Viru Valge, that is for breakfast correct? Haha last time I had some was when I was visiting relatives in Lithuania. Very nice build, what supercharger are you going with?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #47
Haha for breakfast, lunch and dinner ;) Can probably be shiznitface drunk on that stuff for severl days in a row xD It's aProcharger D1 :)

Reply #48
A few more pics of what's happened to the car :)

Took a while to figure out how the brackets went on

And then after that I started assembling the interior again

Some home made brackets for the original seat belts (must be mounted to pass tech inspection)

Mounted

Started disassembling the front end of the car
My grill is in a quite sad shape :( I'm trying to find a place that can re-chrome plastic. Seems like no company does it (found one, but they're a large company who hardly does private jobs and if they do it's bloody expensive)

Lights and grill off

Found this little guy hiding behind the headlight. He was real crispy, yum yum

P/S and battery is gone, quite empty. Not for long!

Brackets on

Procharger pulley is a bit bigger than the original one :)

Procharger in place :)

And then my father reminded me that we bought Holley SysteMAX II intake for the car so off with the old Mustang H.O intake

Meanwhile I swapped the original FPR to the Aeromotive 13103 FPR

Difference between Mustang H.O and Holley SysteMAX II :) So shiny the Holley is

Ahum... It WAS shiny ;)

Much better

Edelbrock 70mm throttle body

One of the intake bolts. It was stuck and just wouldn't come out of it's hole

Bought some 3" tubing

Zip tied the intercooler in place

Fabricated some brackets. Not for show but it could be worse

All for now! Been working on the tubing and that takes a while. Not difficult at all, just tricky and requires lots of thinking :)

Reply #49
Hey, nice install on the IC!  Lots of good work there.  I've responded to one of your posts at Corral.  Can't help on your search of a P/S relocation kit though...

If your interested in my D1 install, take a look at my thread: A few upgrades 8/30/2012.  I have A/C.  The difference in where the head unit mounts is DRAMATICALLY closer to the engine with the renegade bracket. 

Keep the info coming as you make progress.

Reply #50
Thanks! As you can see on the last two pictures I've grinded the IC supports so that they atleast look decent :)
Yeah, I recognized you over att Corral. I ended up ordering a VMP 3" housing with a HPX slot style MAF. Hopefully it does it's job.
Didn't know you had a D1 in yours, taking a look right now ;) Yeah, I've noticed that too, imo the renegade bracket looks a lot better with the head unit closer to the engine but it's a lot more work to get it working (for example having P/S).
I sure will keep updating :)

Reply #51
Recieved a package from VMPTuning.com today :)
I successfully ordered something from America! Wooh!

Reply #52
Congrats on getting it there! 

I am very spoiled on the easy access to parts here.  You are dealing with a completley different set of logistics.

The slot style MAF will likely eliminate the issues with air turbulence from an elbow just before the MAF (which can cause dramatic surging at idle).  I went with a 3" Pro Tube, clocking the sensor to a postion where the air is clear.  It was a trick I learned when I first installed the P600B.

Reply #53
It aint that bad getting parts over to Sweden. Mainly because my father has so many contacts in America (we used to live in Texas where I was born).
Also have a set of EV1-EV6 connectors on my way because I'm stealing the injectors from my dads Terminator ;)

I'm going to put the MAF in the fenderwell where it wont be seen. Not the best location yes I know, would be better right before the elbow in to the throttle body but it looks way cleaner if you cannot see the MAF. The engine bay is messy as it is on these cars with wires and vacuum tubes going everywhere :)

Reply #54
Quote from: Thunderbird88;402973
Also have a set of EV1-EV6 connectors on my way because I'm stealing the injectors from my dads Terminator ;)
:laughing:

BTW, doed FedEx has the same stupid rules in Sweden, that if your package exceeds duty free value and you have more than 5 items in the list, you have to pay an extra charge for every single next item?

Reply #55
Actually I don't know. Only used UPS when I've ordered from America which has so far been trouble free.
Didn't even have to pay toll for the VMP MAF which was kinda suprising :D Last time I got around the toll was when I ordered a $300 engine for my RC car (everything with a value of over $80 you import from a non-EU country has to be taxed 25%).
Saved some money right there because they probably missed my box because it was so small :)

Reply #57
Some update pics for you guys :)
Saw that I didn't have any gaskets between upper and lower intake so I decided to make one

But I noticed it was too thin. Would definetly work in an N/A motor but I belive that with a supercharger it's gonna get blown to pieces.
So I did order a new gasket from Holley a few weeks ago.
And today I found this in the box for the Holley intake

A tip guys, before buying all sort of stuff, check what's in the box from the manuefacturer ;)

Continued fixing the upper intake. turned out well imo
Before

During

After

The MAF in the fenderwell

Also found this in the car. It's from when the car was bone stock. I belive that with an SC and other stuff it will be a tad faster than almost 17 seconds. Not sure but it's just a theory ;)

The crankcase ventilation filter was really dirty and I know that a new one is like a dollar or so. But I'm not patient enough to wait for that thing to arrive.
So I gave it a bath.

Tadaa!

Mocking up the gaskets for my first intake install. Kind of nervous ;)

Always handy with a book! I found that they said all of the torque specs in Nm and that ft/lbs was in brackets :D Should be reverse in my opinion because it's an american car!

Intake is on!

EV1 to EV6 connectors for the 39# injectors from my dads Cobra

And the boss came in to the garage to check if we're working as we should and he also spent the time chewing on various stuff

Reply #58
Nice progress.  The intake looks good in black! 

Gotta love how cats let you live in their house...

Reply #59
I love my Holley intake