Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird from Sweden (Read 45221 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird from Sweden

Reply #75
Really nice work! You have great attention to detail!

Keep us updated. :burnout:

Reply #76
Quote from: lakenheath24;408720
Looks fantastic.  I am hoping to go to England or Poland to work after my year in Abu Dhabi, so maybe we can hook up.  I will be bringing my 88TC with me.
Come to Sweden instead ;) The american car culture here is really big, you'd feel just like home ;)

Quote from: Big B;408722
Really nice work! You have great attention to detail!

Keep us updated. :burnout:

Cheers mate! Doing my best :)
I will definetly keep you guys updated, assembling starts tomorrow probably and I'm hoping for start up some time very soon. Recieving my power steering relocation bracket from Procharger on Thursday, the last piece of the puzzle. Lets just hope it fits well!

Reply #77
Very cool

Reply #78
Sweet rides man!!! I like the widening of rear ends, makes a nicer stance

Reply #79
Quote from: Thunderbird88;408647
Everyone knows that a garage is a place to work on your cars, not to show them off ;)

Not unless you happen to have 2 :evilgrin:   
1 to work on 'em and the other to "Show 'em off" ;)

BTW, Nice work your doing !!

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #80
Haha that would be cool having two garages ;) Or one really big!
Thanks guys :) I hope the paint has hardened by today so I can start putting it together

Reply #81
Got lots done today!
After having some alignment issues with the supercharger I had to grind around 0.8mm off from the brackets and now it's within 0.3mm which is a decent tolerance for me. We'll see if it's good enough ;)
That only took around 30 minutes and then we got to work with the fun, putting it back together!

Some pictures :)

IC mounted

Intake tube

My friend working :) Good with a garage slave ;) He's been with me during the whole build

MAF inside the fender

Washer fluid bottle

The BOV

Get some blood in her

What the finish product will look like. Waiting for some brackets for the P/S that relocates it to the passenger side. Should arrive on thursday and then we have to fix an overflow tank.

I don't think I'm dreaming that much when saying that it could be the first start up next week :) That is if the relocation brackets are correct.

Reply #82
I don't think I'm dreaming that much when saying that it could be the first start up next week  That is if the relocation brackets are correct.

Looks like it's all going together very nicely....and may the parts gods be with you. Here at the body shop we would call Toby the vertical hood lock support, even though on the fox bodies it doesn't do much but catch the secondary latch.

Reply #83
Very nice I like the blacked out look ........until it gets dirty lol

Reply #85
Cheers guys! :)
Yeah black looks really nice when clean but terrible dirty. Good thing this car is my summer car which is only driven in sunshine :) So I don't have to worry about that. Last year I litterly spent more time washing the car than actually driving it which is unusual to me :D

Reply #86
Nice job. It looks like it's going to be awesome when it's done. The best part is you're doing all of this far away from where the parts you're using are common. I now have no excuse for not being able to find parts for my Thunderbird.

BTW I have no idea how you guys are working outside in the cold on various car parts. When it starts snowing here I usually don't work on the cars, unless it's an emergency.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #87
Yeah I thought that to

I would think the Internet is the only parts store

And it sucks waiting for parts lol

Reply #88
The problem is that I have to buy everything brand new. It's really difficult finding someone who wants to sell parts to Sweden. I was lucky with the guy I bought the Procharger from, he was a really helpful guy and great seller. But I don't expect to find a person like that again.
So unfortinetly I have to buy all of the stuff brand new, which sucks.
The shipping is expensive but it's worth it in the end ;)
But the shipping time depends. For example, I ordered some stuff on tuesday night (swedish time that is) from the US and picked it up on thursday morning. Sometimes it's even quicker buying from the US than from a company in Sweden.

Reply #89
Update! :)

I had to fill this hole for the recirculating BOV

So I came up with this

And loooots of epoxy

I don't think this will leak...

And I also recieved the last piece of the puzzle!
P/S relocation kit from Procharger

A shagy idler pulley

That doesn't fit with the underdrive pulley on the water pump

So that got changed to the standard pulley.

The sway bar had to come loose. It was a really tight fit.

And some grinding on the Procharger bracket and the sway-bar installation-thingy

Tadaa!

Tomorrow it comes off again for some flat black paint :)