Skip to main content
Topic: Ok, New Year's Resolutions, let's hear 'em (Read 5065 times) previous topic - next topic

Ok, New Year's Resolutions, let's hear 'em

Reply #15
Quote from: daminc;376749
I made a resolution back in the 80s to stop making resolutions.... so far, I've stuck with it.... lol

I wasn't nearly as smart, I didn't make that resolution until last year, gotta say it worked out OK...

Quote from: sarjxxx;376782
Your TV was older than you car? .

I have two 1986 model TVs that still work fine, one is the first 35" model we sold at Sears(Sayno built), was a $3300 TV in it's day... No I didn't buy it, was a freebee in '98 cause it had a obsolete power supply chip that was bad, I'd already stashed a couple as I'd hoped one would turn up...

Reply #16
#1, gonna try to quit smoking. I have been in the 2-3 packs a day range, and wasted a colossal amount of money on it. 31st, went two days smoking one prime time, and the last two days without any. One cigarette in 4 days. I figure if I can make it through the next two days I should be in the clear. I have some patches to fall back on incase I get a craving, but I am going to try cold turkey first.
Calling this one done, 1-8-12

#2, get a job. I am going through a divorce right now. After the wife walked out on me, I ended up moving back into my dad's house. I want to get a job I am not killing myself at. I was forced to quit my last job after getting bronchitis. They said they couldn't give me the 3 or 4 days off I wanted while I was on anti-biotics. Now to find something I am actually good at, and spend some money on myself for a change.

#3, get my ged. I dropped out when I was 17, got pretty lucky. Got some pretty good jobs ad it hasn't been too much of an issue. It is something that I personally want to do. Need a job first though.

#4, going to do my best to find an 86 cougar. I am done with the plastic headlights, and I want something to throw money into.

(Added after finishing #1)
#5, join a gym at some point in time. I feel as if I am getting lazy. I do not have a weight problem, being 6'5" and short of 200 lbs, but I feel I have a lot of wasted energy, and now at the age of almost  25, I already think I am going to hate getting old. Maybe I should get a bike when I go on short little trips, like the grocery store, or instead of going on a walk.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #17
My resolution is to A: get to the drag strip this year. I didnt go at all in 2011.
And B: to break 11's with my Maxima and 13's with my thunderbird.
This would be much easier if we had a track here, but the closest track is 200 miles and its not a very good one.
I have already completed most of the work to the cars. Just gotta get out there and do this.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #18
i'm adding a 5th..

talk my dad into letting me save MY cutlass.. i say 'my,' because i inherit it when he kicks the bucket.. and because it's been sitting there since 2004 when we both started racing.. the poor old girl is starting to rot again :( .. she means more to me than any other car ever could.. she was the first car i ever drove, first car i ever worked on and the reason i went to my first car show, NOT as a spectator

ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #19
mine is to get another bird and to be able to provide for my family. IE get a better paying job. Got one of the goals an the way to completion!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #20
Quote from: Shadow;376872
i'm adding a 5th..

talk my dad into letting me save MY cutlass.. i say 'my,' because i inherit it when he kicks the bucket.. and because it's been sitting there since 2004 when we both started racing.. the poor old girl is starting to rot again :( .. she means more to me than any other car ever could.. she was the first car i ever drove, first car i ever worked on and the reason i went to my first car show, NOT as a spectator

I bet if you pull it out of the woods and clean it up, maybe get started on the rust, he'll have a hard time saying no.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #21
.....to gain weight.....it's been working for the past 3 yrs! :rollin:
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

Reply #22
Quote from: bryan163;376930
I bet if you pull it out of the woods and clean it up, maybe get started on the rust, he'll have a hard time saying no.

he'd castrate me, i heckled him about it yesterday when we were over there, cleaning out the last of his race car parts (yaaay, free goodies for me!) and he said.. AND I QUOTE.. ' i'd rather it sit there and rot than let anyone else have it, just knowing i still own it.' she's sitting about 3-4 miles away from my house, on his friend's property.. his flatbed yota is sitting 20ft in front of it, where it's been waiting 3 years for a new trans :mad:

Quote from: QUICKSHIFT;376934
.....to gain weight.....it's been working for the past 3 yrs! :rollin:

if i made that resolution new years, i'd be in the win column for that, too! hahah

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #23
Well, calling number one done. Been 8 days without a cigarette, I am starting to feel better, have alittle bit more drive, and want to work harder at things to keep my mind occupied.

Times to start with number 2, and add, join and use a gym membership.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #24
Quote from: Haystack;377271
Well, calling number one done. Been 8 days without a cigarette, I am starting to feel better, have alittle bit more drive, and want to work harder at things to keep my mind occupied.

I wouldn't call #1 over yet. 8 days is not very long. Congrats anyhow, its a start. It's a tough battle that I am trying to fight as well.

Reply #25
Quote from: Chrome;377277
I wouldn't call #1 over yet. 8 days is not very long. Congrats anyhow, its a start. It's a tough battle that I am trying to fight as well.

agreed.. i went 3 months without a single smoke.. BAM, right back into the rut.. they say only 3% of people who quit, stay smoke free

Reply #26
:rollin:
Quote from: Shadow;377280
agreed.. i went 3 months without a single smoke.. BAM, right back into the rut.. they say only 3% of people who quit, stay smoke free

I guess if our internet goes down we can send smoke signals.

Reply #27
Lmao

Reply #28
Quote from: Haystack;377271

Hey me too!! I feel better too. Plus I'm sleeping 1-2 hours more a night which is helping a lot. 

Good luck keep it going!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #29
I'm calling it good for now. I have never made it more then 3 days, and always went straight back to what I was before or worse. Now I feel I could turn down a smoke, or even not smoke if I did have some. The last couple times I tried, the head aches owned me within 2 day. This time they were there, but wern't as bad. I think the only difference is I actually wanted to quit this time, and before it was a money thing. If I had money I wouldn't have even tried.

However, only time will tell. A lot of the reason I've been sucessful though, I feel anyways, is most of my freinds quit, and I am not around it.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.