Skip to main content
Topic: Ok, New Year's Resolutions, let's hear 'em (Read 5071 times) previous topic - next topic

Ok, New Year's Resolutions, let's hear 'em

Reply #30
I'm one of the 3%. :)

You can be too, just gotta put yer mind to it.
1987 TC

Reply #31
This:
I think the only difference is I actually wanted to quit this time

I'm one of the 3% too. I quit 10 years ago and will never smoke again.

As for my resolutions, I'm down 14 of those 50 pounds already. I think I may just reset my goal - instead of losing 50 pounds I may aim for hitting my birth weight ;)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #32
Quote from: Bob;377285
Hey me too!! I feel better too. Plus I'm sleeping 1-2 hours more a night which is helping a lot. 

Good luck keep it going!

Hey bob, you too. I know how I missed this. I would really like to see a 351 with a florida shaped hole in the hood driving on the treet this year.

I have had many many issues with sleep, right now I'm am just shy of 72 hours without sleep. I have a lot of personalthings all coming to a head in the last couple of months though. I think once I get through all of those things, I will be much better off. I have been staying asleep much longer though. Most of the reason I quit my last job, I have been going days to a week without sleep, and in the construction industry, that kills your back quick. Its hard for me to stay entertained while being able to rest my back enough.

And thunderchicken, you don't have a problem losing weight, just keeping it off. I was amazed at how quickly you lost it last time.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #33
Me?

To stop worrying so much.  Even after I get sound advice from knowledgeable persons who assure me things are OK I always gravitate toward a worst case scenario in my mind that usually is impossible in real life.

That and quit smoking.  I actually did quit for just shy of 3 years and started again in 2010..... THe reason?  Stress/worrying.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #34
So, with january almost over, I am done with msoking. As long as I can stay away from a relapse, calling it done for sure. Now, I just received part of my tax return. I am going to sign up for a ged. Going to try to get this done before I start looking for work.I am starting to think a bike will do better financially and physically buying a new car, or driving mine. I am also going to sign up for a gym in the next week.

If everything goes well, I will have most of my new years resolutions done before the end of febuary.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #35
Excellent. Bet you're feeling better already, too.

As for my resolution, I'm already down 24 of those 50 pounds as of last Monday...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #36
So today I met that 50 pound goal. The new goal is to drop another 19 pounds by May 30th. That'll take me to 185, which is pretty much my ideal weight.

As for resolution #2, the project car, well, I should know tomorrow for sure whether the house is sold. If all goes well... Here, kitty kitty kitty...

Reply #37
So I have been slacking...

I have smoked... but only two and I got away from its grips again. I promised my friend I would quit smoking with him at the end of december. He is a newlywed and moved out and I didn't hear anything from him. About two weeks ago he showed up and asked me to smoke one last cigarette with him. He didn't know I quit, and I decided I owed it to him. The that one turned into two, but by the time I was half way through the second, I started to feel really sick.

My stomach has bothered me since I was a small child. My family has a genetic defect where some of us are missing the valve between your stomach and esophagous(sp?). The last couple year it had been getting much worse, constant acid reflux, always felt like I would throw up, ect. I assumed it was normal, but it has more or less gone away since I quit smoking, so I plan to never go back. I have though about the surgery to get my stomach fixed, but they put a one way valve in so you can't burp, and your on your back for 6 weeks.

Anyways, car is not going to happen until I start working again, as much as I would like to. I also don't see any reason to join a gym anymore. I planned on doing it to get some "me" time, and work out agression. I have since really gotten into model airplanes, and find that fills the gap fine. Since quitting smoking I have a ton more energy, and my stress has gone down quite a bit. if I can find a job that is realatively close, I am going to buy a bike through. Good exercise, and cheaper then car insurance.

I keep putting off my ged. Maybe I'll set that up Monday. That is something that needs done.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #38
i've been severely slacking on mine.. trying to knock down some of the projects, but it's moving super slow..
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #39
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;383968
So today I met that 50 pound goal. The new goal is to drop another 19 pounds by May 30th. That'll take me to 185, which is pretty much my ideal weight.

As for resolution #2, the project car, well, I should know tomorrow for sure whether the house is sold. If all goes well... Here, kitty kitty kitty...

What is your secret ? I lost 30lbs between June and December but since January  I have only been able to shed another 7lbs and I'm stuck on a plateau .Any insight or advice would be appreciated
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #40
Quote from: Haystack;384100
My stomach has bothered me since I was a small child. My family has a genetic defect where some of us are missing the valve between your stomach and esophagous(sp?). The last couple year it had been getting much worse, constant acid reflux, always felt like I would throw up, ect. I assumed it was normal, but it has more or less gone away since I quit smoking, so I plan to never go back. I have though about the surgery to get my stomach fixed, but they put a one way valve in so you can't burp, and your on your back for 6 weeks.

You need to keep the acid reflux in check as it can seriously damage you esophagus, even cause cancer... I've basically had the same problem for the last 10 years, and live on Priolsec... One capsule keeps mine in check for 24 hours, if I skip it I'm dying in about 32-36hrs...

Reply #41
I don't take anything for it. I have cut back on soda, and that is all the doctor recommened unless I was in pain. Not saying he was right either though... I have just recently realized I avoid things with citric acid and spicy foods though. I am going to go see a doctor in the next month for a medical card, I'll have it checked out.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #42
Quote from: hypostang;384147
What is your secret ? I lost 30lbs between June and December but since January  I have only been able to shed another 7lbs and I'm stuck on a plateau .Any insight or advice would be appreciated
No real secret. When I go on a diet, I go on a diet, and I stay to it very strictly (Except my Friday Chinese Food, and even then I tend to stick to the lower fat offerings, nothing battered). I cut every unnecessary snack out, right down to the hot chocolate I used to have every morning (I don't drink coffee, so HC was my morning wakeup drink).

It helps to be a stubborn . As with most people I'll get an idea in my head and float it for ages, thinking "Someday I'll do this". The thing is I'll eventually have enough of those "Someday" thoughts, and when that "someday" comes I attack it with a passion. And anything at all can trigger that day - I'll just wake up one morning and say "This is the day". No preparation, no dreading, just "This is it". That's how I quit smoking years ago, it's how I got back into my trade after over a decade of being out of it due to a back injury even though occupational therapists told me I never would (the back is still bad but I live with the pain, which, by the way, decreases as my weight decreases), and it's how I lose weight.

Unfortunately, while my will power is strong as iron during the diet it can break down once the goal is achieved, hence the fact that I'm dieting again after losing 100 pounds just four years ago. So now my new plan with this diet includes a long term goal: Hit 185, then stay under 200. If I approach 200, diet again. It'll be much easier to lose a few pounds here and there than it is to drop 50 every few years...

Reply #43
maybe I need to mix up my menu or something ..,. and maybe exercise a little more
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #44
Quote from: Haystack;376870
#1, gonna try to quit smoking. I have been in the 2-3 packs a day range, and wasted a colossal amount of money on it. 31st, went two days smoking one prime time, and the last two days without any. One cigarette in 4 days. I figure if I can make it through the next two days I should be in the clear. I have some patches to fall back on incase I get a craving, but I am going to try cold turkey first.
Calling this one done, 1-8-12

#2, get a job. I am going through a divorce right now. After the wife walked out on me, I ended up moving back into my dad's house. I want to get a job I am not killing myself at. I was forced to quit my last job after getting bronchitis. They said they couldn't give me the 3 or 4 days off I wanted while I was on anti-biotics. Now to find something I am actually good at, and spend some money on myself for a change.

#3, get my ged. I dropped out when I was 17, got pretty lucky. Got some pretty good jobs ad it hasn't been too much of an issue. It is something that I personally want to do. Need a job first though.

#4, going to do my best to find an 86 cougar. I am done with the plastic headlights, and I want something to throw money into.

(Added after finishing #1)
#5, join a gym at some point in time. I feel as if I am getting lazy. I do not have a weight problem, being 6'5" and short of 200 lbs, but I feel I have a lot of wasted energy, and now at the age of almost  25, I already think I am going to hate getting old. Maybe I should get a bike when I go on short little trips, like the grocery store, or instead of going on a walk.

Well, I have been slacking...

I started smoking again, just for the last week. I just threw away my pack, hopefully for good this time. I've had a lot of personal and divorce issues bothering me and I have been using smoking as a crutch. Been going several days without sleep again, I have to find away to vent stress without going back to smoking.

On the plus side, I start a new job Tuesday. Its only going to be $8, and if they decide to keep me, it goes up to $9. Its about 20 miles away too which is a good bit to drive, but this will take a lot of my time, and give me a bit of money. I just need to do something, I set a goal to not go back to work for less then $10 and hour, but I need the money. Where I'm still living at home for now, I don't need to work as much either.

Signed up for a ged class, going to schedle a start date Friday. Next week, and I have been accepted for a pell grant. I plan on starting school again this fall.

Now all I need to do is save up some money for a cougar, and esign up for a gym.

Hoping to be over nicotine withdrawls by Tuesday.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.