Skip to main content
Topic: differneces....87-88 T-Bird (Read 16829 times) previous topic - next topic

differneces....87-88 T-Bird

Reply #105
Yeah 2.3 !!!!    Go turbo !!!!!!

5.0's  SUUUUUCK like a Hoover !!!!!!

By the way, I am doing the 5.0 to 2.3 swap early next year. I'll be looking for all harnesses and misc. bits for the swap. I have seen the 2.3 light. The clouds have parted....the sun is shining, and the angels are singing.... it is TIME to relieve the Sport of that sinful BURDEN under the hood known as the dreaded and EVIL Five Point Oh. That waste of cast iron and aluminum. That horrible dark stain on the white carpet of the heavenly floors of 2.3 turbo heaven. Let's all have an AMEN !!!!!.......AMEN !!!!! The weight I have had to carry all these years has been lifted from my shoulders. I can now move freely and without fear through the valley of the Turbo 4. I have sen the Headlights. They are bright and clear. They are showing me the way to 4 cylinder salvation. AMEN !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #106
Considering that they don't boost, they vacuum, your "Suck like a hoover" comment is accurate.  :P
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (daily driver) - T5, Short Throw, Ranger roller cam (soon to be Boport 1.5), stock turbo and TMIC (also soon to change.)

Reply #107
I wouldn't call it a "comment"...I'd call it more of moment of clarity. My eyes can truly see the power and torque of the might 2.3. Bow down you 5.0 fools and behold......the new era of the TURBOOOOOOOOO Foooooooourrrrrr !!!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #108
Quote from: vinnietbird;367193
I wouldn't call it a "comment"...I'd call it more of moment of clarity. My eyes can truly see the power and torque of the might 2.3. Bow down you 5.0 fools and behold......the new era of the TURBOOOOOOOOO Foooooooourrrrrr !!!!!!

With a good set of ear plugs, you can almost drown out the tractor like chug, chug of a 4Cyl with performance cam and exhaust system...

Reply #109
Jesus Vinnie, take it easy. You built a great running and looking car. If you like it, great. I think it's pretty cool, just not quite my flavor. The 2.3T isn't all powerful, but then again neither is the 5.0. It all boils down to choice, and what your comfortable with.
As far as the tractor sound, I think you're overstating it.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #110
I'm distracting myself from the "Yes it can" and "No it can't"  on the thread. I could go to another thread, but where's the fun in that?

Reply #111
Quote from: jangus;367198
Jesus Vinnie, take it easy. You built a great running and looking car. If you like it, great. I think it's pretty cool, just not quite my flavor. The 2.3T isn't all powerful, but then again neither is the 5.0. It all boils down to choice, and what your comfortable with.

Um, exactly what flavor do you think the Sport is? And no, celery is not the correct answer.

Reply #112
Quote from: vinnietbird;367201
Um, exactly what flavor do you think the Sport is? And no, celery is not the correct answer.

Asparagus? j/k

Mint.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #113
Closer to strawberry. Hey, it does.

Reply #114
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;367197
With a good set of ear plugs, you can almost drown out the tractor like chug, chug of a 4Cyl with performance cam and exhaust system...

If you're the standard run of the mill Joe that goes with a magnaflow or Flowmaster, then yes, it sounds like a tractor.  People with 2.3 4L thinks they're stepping outside the box enough, what they don't realize is there is NO SUCH THING AS ENOUGH!  Piss on that box!  Blow it up with Dynamite!  Get away from that box and you can have a new creature that's not the norm!  Vinnie, I love your car.  I have read up on your Sport and I have to say, the love and care you put in to that car speaks more of you and your car than any cookie cutter faster "out of the box" car ever could.  Take pride in your ride and know that it kicks ass with style!.
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (daily driver) - T5, Short Throw, Ranger roller cam (soon to be Boport 1.5), stock turbo and TMIC (also soon to change.)

Reply #115
Quote from: vinnietbird;367201

Well, it looks like celery. LOL.
 And it runs like a striped ape. What you've  managed to do with it is outstanding. I'd like my TC to look that good in a year.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #116
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;367197

If subaru made a tractor it would sound like a ford 2.3
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #117
Thanks from me and the Sport. You guys are beautiful. Not in a gay way. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm not judging.

Reply #118
I will leave this forum never to return if Vinnie swaps to a 2.3t in that car.

I ain't bullshiznittin'.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #119
I've loved my 4 banger motors. A Merkur, 2 Tbirds and currently the TR7.

Now it's 5.0 time.

It's good to have choices.