Skip to main content
Topic: Junkyard visit in Sweden, OSBY (Read 7647 times) previous topic - next topic

Junkyard visit in Sweden, OSBY

Anyway I was at work for 1 week at Sweden and thought if I was already there I´ll go to USA junkyard what is one of the biggest USA junkyards in europe. So some pics what I saw and I got some parts too. Nice Dash plastic cover wooden, TC style door speaker covers, rear ashtray, front grill, door lock buttons and seat side covers with recline buttons all parts where blue color so I just need to repaint them to match mine.
XXX

Reply #1
Cool.  It's amazing to see a 87-88 tbird in Sweden... even if in the Junkyard!

Reply #2
A stripped Thunderbird in a Swedish salvage yard......are parts for those even in demand over there? How many Birds can there be in Sweden?

What's that red thing sticking out of the fender in the top picture?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Quote from: vinnietbird;365811

What's that red thing sticking out of the fender in the top picture?

Thats the Turn Signal light. I have the same on my norwegian tbird. In europe this is standard, my car got them because its an export model. And they always fint some stupid looking lights to put on. Like on my brothers 94 Ford Probe. They even took the time to cut out the red turn signals in the back and replaced them with orange lights..... But i have red lights on it now:)

Reply #4
Doesn't look rusty, do they salt the roads in Sweden?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
If i ever came across something like that locally.... man there would be nothing left.
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #6
Two thoughts come to my mind

- I should be more thankful for the availability of these cars over here, even though they are sorta "rare".

- If I ever had that red thing stuck on the side of my car like that, I would be constantly angry or feel humiliated and hide in a corner in the dark.
Mike

Reply #7
To vintnietbird: I don´t know about demand in sweden at all but I think there is not much of 87-88 tbirds in sweden. That red ugly thing is turn signal light uuh.. I´m glad mine doesn´t have that thing over there.
To Thunder Chicken: I´m not sure but I think they don´t salt roads.
 Actually there was one or two users from sweden too maybe they can tell something. I took the parts what first cross my mind and went too see how much they want for it and deem thay know how to ask! example: front grille 50 EUR= 71 USD :D you can get new one from US for that.

Reply #8
I have to bump this.

I actually found another 87-88 T-bird in another junkyard in Sweden. In good condition too! Only a little bit crashed in the front end. No idea what it's doing in a junkyard.
Me and my father took everything worth taking such as alot of the interior as the dash etc, fuel pump etc.

There are absolutley no demand of these cars in Sweden what so ever. But that doesn't mean that there's absolutley noone in Sweden who likes these ;) There are only a handful of these cars in Sweden and many of them rusted away due to salt. But there's alot of good ones too.
Fords that's not Mustang is hard to come by in Sweden compared to Chevrolets. Everyone wants those.

But hey, good looking cars! Even more fun when they're rare.

Maandy: Northern Sweden does not salt the roads. But in middle/southern Sweden there's alot of salt.

Reply #9
That´s good if you got a lot of parts worth taking.
So it´s better to live in nothern Sweden or just just drive at the summer.

Reply #10
Actually found some good useful parts today we slaughtered the other T-bird of :)
I have a full dashboard with loads of stuff. Even an equalizer which I'm guessing was an original option. Just tell me if you need anything mate. Took pretty much everything I could.

Depends on what. You can drive in the salt too but you need to really rustproof your car. I on the other hand bought a winterbeater instead because I will never let my T-bird taste the salt. A Lincoln Mark Viii will have to do it instead ;)
But driving in the winter with an enthusiast car isn't the more fun really. Better to buy an old Volvo or something. :)

Reply #11
Quote from: Thunderbird88;376997
Better to buy an old Volvo or something. :)

i'd rather be shot in the face, than drive a volvo LOL
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #12
Quote from: Shadow;377029

Well Volvo is okay (when comparing to Saab)... Apart from it's a farmers car for stupids... But I'd never drive a Saab. Had a Saab over last winter and that is enough. Never again. But I had to, the s was free :( Cant belive someone actually bought it. And paid for it too!
But yeah, I agree with you! :D

Reply #13
Quote from: Shadow;377029

Volvos are awesome, especially the 240's. A much better base chassis than the Foxes, IMO. Your loss.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunderbird88;377035
Well Volvo is okay (when comparing to Saab)... Apart from it's a farmers car for stupids... But I'd never drive a Saab. Had a Saab over last winter and that is enough. Never again. But I had to, the s was free :( Cant belive someone actually bought it. And paid for it too!
But yeah, I agree with you! :D

you won't catch me in a saab either.. lol

Quote from: Chuck W;377038
Volvos are awesome, especially the 240's. A much better base chassis than the Foxes, IMO. Your loss.

to each his own, chuck.. i think they're uglier than saturns.. and saturns are pretty fugly!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver