Skip to main content
Topic: The time has come........ (Read 6338 times) previous topic - next topic

The time has come........

Our daughter Kacie is checking into the hospital now. They'll admit her a little while after her paperwork is done, and they will start to induce labor later this evening, and one way or another,s she'll have her baby by 5:00 tomorrow evening. Maybe natural, maybe C-section, but he's coming out. We know he's a boy, and his name is Jessie. After that, we'll be waiting for the details. She's 21 and her fellow is 25. He takes great care of her and makes sure she has everything he wants and needs (he's already whipped bad......................God help him). Gayle is nervous and resting right now. Actually, I feel quite fine and really not emotional. Maybe that'll change when the baby arrives. I don't get outwardly emotional about much of anything. I'll post some pics when we get them. May take a few days (maybe not), but they'll be here. The only problem with all of this is that I'm still way too young, and way too good looking (I still have hair and all my teeth) to be a grandpa, Gayle says my new title around the house is Pa-Pa Vinnie. Oh well, I suppose I'll just be the really cool grandpa that has the cool car, and like to do cool stuff. Anyway, I'll post more news as it happens.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Congrats, gramps.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #2
Congratulation's. Grandpa
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #3
Here's a early congrats to your :bowdown: Grandson  Vinnie & Gayle we both hope everything goes well for Mom & baby. :grinno:

D & P ;)

Reply #4
Just "Vinnie" to you guys.......please. LOL. I'm too young for this to happen.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;357718
Just "Vinnie" to you guys.......please. LOL. I'm too young for this to happen.

you are the same age as me,  and I have 5 grandchildren . Congrats Gramps ....lol
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #6
Congrats to you guys, [SIZE="7"][COLOR="red"]GRANDPA[/COLOR][/SIZE] Vinnie :headbang:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #7
We may be the same age, but you're still older than me. I'm a young guy. I can still outrun my kids, from 21 down, I can still out arm wrestle my oldest boy, I still buy hot wheels cars on occasion,......I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS !!!! I explained it like this the other day.....When my dad was 43, he was much older than I am at 43. I think it's a generational thing. I feel young, look younger than my dad did at 43 (a lot younger), and feel great 99% of the time. Oh well, I can talk all day, but it's still happening. She's still having the boy. I think I'll have the little guy just call me Vinnie until I'm 60, then he can call me Pa-Pa Vinnie. Yes, I like that idea. I'll tell him we're cousins or something. LOL.LOL.

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;357723
We may be the same age, but you're still older than me. I'm a young guy. I can still outrun my kids, from 21 down, I can still out arm wrestle my oldest boy, I still buy hot wheels cars on occasion,......I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS !!!! I explained it like this the other day.....When my dad was 43, he was much older than I am at 43. I think it's a generational thing. I feel young, look younger than my dad did at 43 (a lot younger), and feel great 99% of the time. Oh well, I can talk all day, but it's still happening. She's still having the boy. I think I'll have the little guy just call me Vinnie until I'm 60, then he can call me Pa-Pa Vinnie. Yes, I like that idea. I'll tell him we're cousins or something. LOL.LOL.

Did you feel this way with your first kid too???  lol  look at it this way, your gonna love him no matter what he calls you and you will still be the coolest gpa that a little boy could wish for :flip:  Congrats Grandpa Vinnie!!!

Reply #9
That is true, I will be the coolest. I'm already making plans to buy a steel pedal car kit and build for him (do it now, the cost is going up every year), and do some custom paint and other work to it for him. I'm the ONLY car guy in the entire family, so, I've got an uphill battle to fight. 

With my first son, it was just right. I was 23 years old and in the military. That was with my first wife. Glad she's gone. Christopher is a good kid. almost 22 and 6' 2" tall. Got me by two inches. I'm 6' and one of the shortest on my Dad's side of the family.

Reply #10
Congrats vinnie... And congrats to your daughter as well.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #11
Congratulations to all Vinnie! Hope all goes well.

You'll soon find out why they're called 'GRAND'children.

Reply #12
My best to your expanding family, Vinnie.

Reply #13
Thanks guys. I just got home a short while ago from the hospital. Gayle is still there right now. It's a huge room, for Kacie only, huge flat screen TV, just awesome. It's part of the brand new hospital wing they built a few months ago. Sweet. She got a menu to order from. She ordered chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, roll, jello and sprite. Not a bad deal at that place.

Reply #14
Wow...congrats. Just reading your posts brings back memories from when my two munchkins were born...it's powerful stuff.
I can't put it into mere words...those who've been there know what I mean though. Watching your child come into the worlds transcends all.

oh, and congrats to the new parents-to-be! it's the best, worst, hardest, but most rewarding thing 2 people could ever do. Just wait a little longer than 6 months before deciding to have another...trust me ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6