Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 82242 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #90
well i hope your hard work and long-term dedication pays off in the end! a 408 would be my choice, but i'm biased, as i own 2 and a 413.. lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 LX

Reply #91

Got some more tedious work done. Got everything to line up got it all tacked in place and got some actual welds done. Im gonna end up making it solid enough to withstand the elements then Im mostlikely going to glass over it and smooth it out real nice But Im thinkin' its lookin' purrrty dern goood.

My 87 LX

Reply #92
Very nice !!! Come do that to my hood.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My 87 LX

Reply #93
Actually. If I get this one done the way I want it and actually like it alot when its all said and done I might end up making a couple more. all depending. the coolest part about this is it will be fully functional ram air. Im thinking of ways to build a aircleaner pan that, with the use of some cushion, will seal up to the underside of the hood. Kind of like the old 440-6packs I love that styling. looks clean and functional.

I do have another TC hood and another stock flat one... It may be a possibility.

My 87 LX

Reply #94
I use spray filler for stuff like that.... and leveling.. would save you a ton of work in the long run
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

My 87 LX

Reply #95
Thanks for the tip Jerry

My 87 LX

Reply #96
something like slicksand or the likes. pre form it with bondo (and rough shape it), and layer the spray polyester where you need it.. I used an entire gallon on my car to flatten everything... probably sanded 2/3 of it off by the time I was done. but boy is it nice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

My 87 LX

Reply #97
I used a home depot gun with a 1.7 tip for it.... if you don't clean the gun thoroughly though, it will never cone off after it cures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

My 87 LX

Reply #99

more gooooodies

My 87 LX

Reply #100

Got antsy and decided to set the old girl completely down and hand a fender on it just for looks.

My 87 LX

Reply #101

Got the TC coils in, didnt notice much of a difference in height. these CHE adjustable  arms are for the birds.

My 87 LX

Reply #102
That thing has a mean stance!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

My 87 LX

Reply #103
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;379365

Got the TC coils in, didnt notice much of a difference in height. these CHE adjustable  arms are for the birds.

Maybe the non adjustable arms would work better with the TC coils? Perhaps since you already have the adjustable arms you could run some SN-95 rear springs?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My 87 LX

Reply #104
Maybe. but I have to remember that there is NO weight in this car. no interior nothing in the trunk. So maybe when it gets more things thrown at it it might sink the tail down a bit.

It looks a lot better now that it has settled for a few days