Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 82238 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #105
It should sink a bit lower with some weight inside.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My 87 LX

Reply #106

Had to push the old girl out the door for a bit to sweep under her today. first time shes seen daylight since last feb. looks quite a bit different.

Also, I sold my 81 kaw 440 chopper today so that funds more bird goodies as in tailpipes, lers and some other stuff too.

My 87 LX

Reply #107
holy monster truck, batman.. she's sitting a lot higher than she looked with the welds
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 LX

Reply #108
Quote from: Shadow;381234
holy monster truck, batman.. she's sitting a lot higher than she looked with the welds

I was thinking the exact same thing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

My 87 LX

Reply #109
Yeah it doesnt help that the insta-spares are smaller so it has even more of a rake to it. Its going to get dropped wethere I buy springs or cut the LX ones. it sits too hella high. but it will sit like I want no matter what. The glory and only effing glory of these CHE adjustable arms I waited 4 months for.

But I did get my taxes back and ordered a SHLOAD of parts. so its on like donkey kong. and time to start saving for my own welds.

My 87 LX

Reply #110

Got my radiator, fan and shroud, alt bracket, crossmember bushings, fuel cell, battery relocation kit and a bunch of other stuff. I love tax time

My 87 LX

Reply #111
i love the cleanliness! i wish under the hood of every fox bird was this perdy

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My 87 LX

Reply #112
Waiting on mo parts! I did however get my firewall adjuster today.. stoked about that one. and my tailpipes are said to be here somtime today too. Now Im waiting on springs, mooflers, and the fuel cell mounting brackets... once that all shows up im gonna go pick up a 10' stick of 2.5 pipe, a spool of hard fuel line, a couple feet of rubber line, radiator hoses, a serp belt, and some other odds n ends.

I love tax time.

My 87 LX

Reply #113
Looking good man.  The elec fan setup really cleans up the engine bay.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

My 87 LX

Reply #114

Well for a while Ive wanted new gauges for the old girl.. I really wanted to go allll autometer cobalts.. well 800 bux for gauges isnt really my cup of tea. so i cheaped out and bought one of those trio gauges from advance.. I had about 3 gauge clusters laying around... so I decided to cut the $hit out of one. and ended up with this =)

Gotta order a fuel gauge too but thats soon to come.

My 87 LX

Reply #115

Finished product aside from figger'n out how to light it. The gauges took up alot of space and I had to take the tach and speedo bulbs out to make room.

So Im probably going to try and figure somthing out

My 87 LX

Reply #116
Just went through all the pages and everything looks great, lots of luck with the project.  I love the hood too btw (I might have to copy that if my current plan fails :)).  For gauges I was just gonna install oil and temp above the radio because I need those now and than redo the cluster when I'm bored with just speedo,tach, fuel, and volt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 87 LX

Reply #117
Thanks Bob, Its been one hell of a fun road from start to now. I look back at it and somtimes Ill go through the thread page by page to refresh my mind of what all I have done and think, wow. Most people my age (Im 21) are souping up hondas, buying pre-built toys with parental moneys, or buying somthing... starting a very complex job and dropping it because its not worth it to them.

Ive gotten so INSANELY lucky with this car. Money has been there almost right exactly as I need it. The saddest part of this build is it just started out as a K-member swap and a carbed 302 drop in and beat the f*ck out of it car. When I got into it and had the doghouse all ripped apart and started fixing the strut towers I noticed a bunch of things that just wouldnt fly with me. Ended up being a total rebuld. Everything from crash bumper to crash bumper that could be replaced/ modded/changed/altered has been done. By the time I get the 351 built for it Im going to have about 20k in this car, and ya know what? It is sooooo totallllllllly worth it. I cant wait for it to fire up for the first time and announce its presence.

As for the hood, It still needs a SHLOAD of attention but I figured while I had the down time to screw with it when I did, I would. Its gonna look pretty nasty sittin up there. The only bad thing is its hella heavy. Its a good 15-20#'s heavier than the stocker, but I havent trimmed out the bottom side yet nor cut the brace for the air cleaner to clear either so who knows it might end up being the same weight as the stocker.

The gauges were a very meticulous, quite daunting task. I have no room in the car for gauges. The tray above the radio will be a switch panel for IGN, fan and staging lock so that ate up that area. Im running a 15 gal cell, well the factory fuel gauge wasnt gonna work... and the temp,oil pressure, and ampmeter never DID work in the first place. It really bothered me when I was driving it as a DD a few years ago because I watch my gauges like a hawk. I didnt want to spend a shiznitload of money on gauges when the factory tach and speedo worked really nice already. Ive always been somewhat of a sticler for a semi-stock appearing interior without the BS. The sunpro gauges fit the bill quite nicely if I dont say so myself, theyre behind the clear cover so they look stock I doubt if anybody that didnt know me or the car would look inside and think they werent factory aside from the "SUNPRO" name on them. I think they came out looking really clean and nice.

As of 2 days ago Im really itchin to get it driveable. My cousin has a 90 SC 5speed that he talks a bunch of shiznit about it being so  fast. My buddies stang walked it on motor and a shiznit AOD, and as far as I know my bird is set up wayyyy better than the stang just because of the new-ness of the parts and the weight savings and stuff. Nic's stang was built 9-10 years ago as a basket that turned out real nice. its pushing 400hp on spray (when it had the T5) It also has a trashed trac-lok and py gears.

My bird should walk the SC no prob.

My 87 LX

Reply #118

Not much progress today but Its getting theyre. Its home got one hell of a cleaning seeing how it was a freak 65* day.

My 87 LX

Reply #119
now i see wires.. :(

love the look of the gauges!