Skip to main content
Topic: I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s (Read 9392 times) previous topic - next topic

I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s

Reply #30
Quote from: thunderjet302;348751
I like my FMS ribbed Cobra covers. I just whish I could build a 428 EFI Windsor to put under those covers ;).

I here you! they belong on a 428.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #31
Kitz,as soon as I can find the replacement set of covers,yours will be on the way. I'm looking like crazy. What I REALLY want is a set of Trick Flow covers with the rounded top (with the oil fill). Stay tuned.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
Or, you could just plug the hole and then re-drill it at the front of one valve cover.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #34
Too many holes. Not cool. The covers need to look "right" They are seen right after the upper intake.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #35
Quote from: Kitz Kat;348749
13/8" spacer will still clear the hood? I'm not to sure of that,I never  tried it though.I doubt it would with Chucks mounts though.

I have the TFS street heat manifold with the basic setup I mentioned and the hood does indeed close.  In fact now that I have newhood mount springs it closes COMPLETELY FLUSH.

I bought Chuck's mounts when I initially out the TFS heads on my car back in 2006.....Due to time constraints I didn't use them.  I had a brand new set of stockers on hand that I put in and kept Chuck's mounts for when they went.    I'm STILL waiting...

Pics....

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?23773-Cam-swap-It-doesn-t-end-at-the-cam....&p=275138#post275138

My sig pic was taken after the added spacer btw.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #36
Quote from: Gearjamer;351212
When I do my Gt40p upgrade these are the covers I want.

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/revaco.html

I have a set of the originals on my 79

Reply #37
Quote from: 88turbo;351287
I have a set of the originals on my 79

Sweet .....I first saw a set of those when I was 12 on a real XR7G
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #39
Quote from: 88turbo;351297
Hey mine is an XR7 :)

but not a 1968 "G" .. still really cool though
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #40
Thanks :D  its my first car and been an ongoing project for the past almost 11 years

Reply #42
They would look better without the giant BBK logo. I think that without the logo they would work great on your car.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #43
Yeah that kinda bugs me too, esp since I'm gonna have MAC headers...but then again, I'm getting a BBK 56mm TB so.....

...at any rate, if its not embossed then I could always grind and refinish them. They are aluminum after all.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #44
What about getting the stockers chrome platted?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.