Skip to main content
Topic: I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s (Read 9395 times) previous topic - next topic

I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s

Reply #15
Quote from: vinnietbird;348679
Right Jerry...When they say "for EFI",they are referring to the SEFI like the Sport and your Cougar have.

Speaking of SEFI,the Explorer intake is going out tomorrow. I haven't had any time til after the UPS closes. Take care of it and love it as I did.

I will Vin.....did you name it?
This will work out great...my wife is going away on business for 10 days...I'm planning on trying to put everything together while she's gone..... Headers will be here tomorrow and I have a lot of wiring up to do
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #16
Her name is Hunkuv A. Luminum.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
Is that Hungarian?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #18
Quote from: daminc;348694
Is that Hungarian?

Australian
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #19
Actually,it's Bulgarian. I removed the mono brow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #20
Quote from: vinnietbird;348700
Actually,it's Bulgarian. I removed the mono brow.

:rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
Quote from: vinnietbird;348700
I removed the mono brow.
Is that similar to a casting line ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #23
Quote from: ZondaC12;348588
Because they're for......actual COBRA JET engines!!!! You ricer poser wannabe !! LOL

They'd sit on top of a 428 Windsor ;).

Yeah I have the money for that swap.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #24
428 Windsor....shaker scoop...Oh yeah !!!!

Reply #25
Quote from: hypostang;348706
Is that similar to a casting line ?

Yes,but much softer........

Reply #26
Buy 1" tall intake manifold spacer kit.
Buy 3/8" tall spacer as well. 
Use both spacers with extra gasket.

They'll not fit on an EFI motor......

Oh BTW -- this will clear a stock hood.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #27
Quote from: vinnietbird;348593
They are for small block Ford engines. They aren't for actual (as we know them) COBRA JET engines. They were big blocks ....except for the 351 Cleveland...351CJ as used in the '71 Stangs). They aren't for the EFI engines due to the oil fill either being under the intake on the driver side,or under the throttle linkage on the passenger side. You need to have some serious motor to back those up.

I think the oil fill would clear on the drivers side, just put a rubber cap in the the other side. You may have to run a longer hose from the passenger side to the throttle body.
In my opinion there are better covers cheaper out there, hint hint Vinnie!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #28
Quote from: V8Demon;348735
Buy 1" tall intake manifold spacer kit.
Buy 3/8" tall spacer as well. 
Use both spacers with extra gasket.
They'll not fit on an EFI motor.
Oh BTW -- this will clear a stock hood.

13/8" spacer will still clear the hood? I'm not to sure of that,I never  tried it though.I doubt it would with Chucks mounts though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #29
Quote from: Kitz Kat;348748
I think the oil fill would clear on the drivers side, just put a rubber cap in the the other side. You may have to run a longer hose from the passenger side to the throttle body.
In my opinion there are better covers cheaper out there, hint hint Vinnie!!

I like my FMS ribbed Cobra covers. I just whish I could build a 428 EFI Windsor to put under those covers ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.