Skip to main content
Topic: I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s (Read 9394 times) previous topic - next topic

I wish these valve covers fit EFI 302s

Reply #1
what makes them not fit?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
$320 bucks??!!!  No thanks!!!

Reply #3
Because they're for......actual COBRA JET engines!!!! You ricer poser wannabe !! LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #4
"Also Fits: 289/302/351W engines" I think I'm missing something...
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #5
They are for small block Ford engines. They aren't for actual (as we know them) COBRA JET engines. They were big blocks ....except for the 351 Cleveland...351CJ as used in the '71 Stangs). They aren't for the EFI engines due to the oil fill either being under the intake on the driver side,or under the throttle linkage on the passenger side. You need to have some serious motor to back those up.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Meh. Too pricey, too copycat-ish.
(and that's being nice lol)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
so could you use covers like this on a TB engine with no problems? I'm guessing yes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Word my brutha!!! They'll work like a charm.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
I would be saying it has a better chance at clearing, It says they were 3.75 tall or something.  I assume you mean like a CFI engine??
Mike

Reply #10
That's what he's talking about. CFI (or TB) They are tall enough to clear roller rockers.

Reply #11
You could always do a carb style intake with an elbow and throttle body.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;348606
That's what he's talking about. CFI (or TB) They are tall enough to clear roller rockers.

Correct The CFI in the vert
I was just curious. I see a lot of nice covers that say not for efi.... The vert will need some snazzing up in the future after the paint and repairs..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
Right Jerry...When they say "for EFI",they are referring to the SEFI like the Sport and your Cougar have.

Speaking of SEFI,the Explorer intake is going out tomorrow. I haven't had any time til after the UPS closes. Take care of it and love it as I did.

Reply #14
Right Jerry...When they say "for EFI",they are referring to the SEFI like the Sport and your Cougar have.

Speaking of SEFI,the Explorer intake is going out tomorrow. I haven't had any time til after the UPS closes. Take care of it and love it as I did.