Skip to main content
Topic: My Sport (Read 24790 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sport

Reply #105
I took off a couple extra things to make a little more room...went in easy..too easy. I triple checked my work to make sure I didn't forget something. Didn't even have any bolts left over...lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #106
:wtf: no leftover bolts? something's wrong lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My Sport

Reply #107
^LOL.

I've been tinkering on the Sport today, interior stuff. Door panels I traded Cougarman for are on, and they look good. Hopefully he's as happy with his as I am with these. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The transmission lost 3rd gear in the blue Chevy...it's a 700R4. Not sure what I'll do immediately with it.

The Caprice is going to be put on the road Tuesday, and then the Sport. All it needs is an x pipe, the remainder of the exhaust, and the rear brakes/5 lug. All I need parts wise are calipers, dust shields, and hardware.

Pics later...going to go back in a bit and get the console and the center stack stuff installed, then clean it out again.

I'm stoked, read to drive it. shagin' Aye! :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #108
Ordered a BBK X pipe...should be here by the end of the week, or Monday. Now I've got to decide on the rest of the system.

Ideas?
I want something that is throaty, but doesn't sound like a  Cup car at higher revs. I have an HO cam so I know it won't be too terribly throaty, I just don't something screaming loud.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #109
I have just one word..... Magnaflow.  :bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

My Sport

Reply #110
My mac lers sound  nice with or without tailpipes. its very quiet with the stinger tails. until you rap on it a few times.

My Sport

Reply #111
x a million on Magnaflow!!! Herb has the Oval(chambered looking) Magnaflows, I have Magnapacks on my Cougar. They are quiet until you really get on it, I'm running an Off-road BBK X-Pipe and it's too quiet for me. I just put a 14" Magnaflow Oval casing ler on my Hemi Ram and it sounds soooooo shagy!! I love my Magnaflow on both vehicles haha.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

My Sport

Reply #112
Some goodies, just off the Big Brown Truck:
X
X

I'd love to have the magnaflow kit, however that's out of my budget right now :(

Think I'm gonna get THIS flowmaster kit, unless someone here has a reason why I shouldn't..?

This x pipe is literally the third or fourth brand new thing I've bought for the Sport, after my Energy bushings, and a set of new brake pads for the TC setup I had on before. Oh yeah, and some new stainless header bolts I picked up last week. Not counting fluids and filters and gas lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #113
I installed the x pipe just a few minutes ago.

Came in, cleaned up, and then went back out and started the beast.

Holy...shiznit. This things sounds amazing.

I'm for a short jaunt down to the local gas station to fill her up, when I get back, I'll post a brief idle/rev vid clip.

I love the sound...sitting in the seat, with the idle, it sounds so  mean..it almost brought tears to my eyes. Finally..I'm starting to feel justified for this car.

details: BBK o/r 2.5" X pipe. Got a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back system coming in sometime this week (ordered it sat. morning) and man, I AM stoked to get this thing tagged and start enjoying it! :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #114
Sweet!

My Sport

Reply #115
Got a question; I've got the T5 in the Sport right now, but...think I want to go back to an AOD. Anyone wanna trade transmissions, pedal assemblies, and shifter console plates with me. My transmission does grind a little going into 2nd. It would like to have a steel retainer, and probably needs new syncros.

I'm also ditching the 5 lug stuff up front, and going back to the TC setup I've got sitting here. Only downside is that the brand new SN95 balljoints I've got in my c/a's will be wasted.

At this point, it's easier to swap back than to track down the shiznit I need for the rear 5 lug. Keep in mind I don't have a way to a salvage yard, and when I do go, all the rear disc stuff is either gone, or else it's shiznit. I can't afford new calipers, or I'd have that done already...

I've gotta get the Sport on the road ASAP. The Caprice is out of action, and I need to get to work on the Chevy truck...head gasket leak and of course the transmission doesn't have the 2 higher gears in it...ughh.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #116
Your not far from me I have a rebuilt AOD out of a 92 5.0 Tbird sport for sell. What part of Missouri are you? I live in KCK

My Sport

Reply #117
I'm about 100 miles north-northeast of KC...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #118
Well I have this transmission here If your interested. Let me know.

My Sport

Reply #119
I won't say this will be the year my Sport hits the road...
I won't say I'll even have it drivable this year...

But I will  sure try, and have already been doing some substantial work to it.

I am on the hunt for a dash harness from an '88 buttstuffog cluster car with all options. The stock one is hacked up beyond repair, and the replacement I got from The Shredder, I messed up swapping some wires, and now I'm afraid to use it further.

I am also looking to either get another 5.0 T5 or have mine rebuilt. Same with the rear, the trac loc is worn out.

I'll have to post pics Wednesday, but it's sitting on 17" Bullitts with Nitto 555 rubber, 245/45 fronts, 275/40 rear. I've also got another little goody that will just have to wait until the dash is in before I mention it..Vinnie knows what it it though..lol
To say I've gotten some new motivation is an understatement, but as I said, it may or may not be this year, and I'm going to do what i can, when i feel like it. No burning myself out again. Just like model cars, if i sit it front of one for longer than an hour or so, it begins to be a job and less a hobby.

As far as the Bullitt wheels, they're not mine. My buddy is storing them over here as his basp00get has a leak, and he needed to get'em out. I put them on my car to see how they look, and I love it. I texted him a pic and asked what he wanted. He told me, AND said I could make it in a few payments. Since I'm making decent money now, this isn't a problem, but what cash I had saved is now gone, so anything major is on hold for about a month. No biggie, it's nothing new. If I put the vert on hold, it's HO will come out, get the P heads I have, and I'll need to snag another set of Explorer upper/lower intakes, possibly 2, even 3. Those extra sets will fund some small future mods I've got planned. The Sport's 5.0 smokes at startup, and has a slight tick, and it's got some miles on it. The stang only has 53K. I'm NOT parting the Stang, just borrowing it's engine. But that will come after I get the rear brake guts in place, the dash and harness issue sorted once and for all, and a couple other small things. No more multi-front assaults, one thing at a time, and bust ass till it's done, or I fall asleep. The end. lol

X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6