Skip to main content
Topic: My Sport (Read 24798 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sport

Reply #75
Hey Beau, I have a set of the grey sport door panels you're looking for in my sale ad. I'm not sure what shipping would be.

My Sport

Reply #76
I love the Explorer intake. I'll get around to polishing mine one day. Too much going on right now. Glad you got one. Do the mod for the throttle body, and make sure you open the spacer up to match. I had a machine shop do mine . They were MUCH cheaper than buying a 65mm spacer.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My Sport

Reply #77
Cougarman has me set up on some door panels..thanks though!
 And Vinnie..sometime I'll have to talk to ya about the throttle body and spacer stuff a little more in depth...it's one of the few gray areas I have about 5.0 info...as many times as you've swapped intakes and stuff, you're the go-to guy on that lmao

I figure it's going to be a right PITA to get that stud out...it's one of the long ones that the elbow/egr is held to the upper with...at first i thought it was dirt caked in, so i dug into it with a nail...no luck..it's a busted stud. Ahh well, it's nothing that can't be solved.

My buddy Steve showed me this twin turbo kit he's gonna get for his Stang...I'm seriously thinking about it myself. It's on ebay...i'm sure the turbos are probably not the greatest though.

And does anyone know where I could get some of the fine threaded Torx screws that the intake plaques are held on with? I've lost the 2 sets I've had and I'm not sure my local hardware stores would have anything that would work.

I'd say I'm going to do a little work on the Tbird today...it's gorgeous, it's not very warm, and it's sunny, but the wife and I both have day off together and there's a lot to get done outside...so I'm not sure I can tinker on the Sport today.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #78
Check Lowes for the screws you need. They have drawers with specialty screws and stuff in them. That's where I got the little studs I used for my fuel door.

My Sport

Reply #79
Save the turbo stuff for another time. Get the car done first. Whenever you're ready to do throttle body stuff, let me know. I'll be glad to do all I can to help you out.

As far as the screws for the intake plate. Let me check out in the garage. I'm sure I have a bunch of them. If I can find them I'll send you some. I'll let you know later this evening.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My Sport

Reply #80
Beau, the dash looks fantastic!  Did you figure out where all the wires and plugs went?

The heater control looks good at the top.

I think I had the mustang controller in original spot.  I'll see if I can find a pic.

My Sport

Reply #81
So the dash is out again, harness. Nothing had power once I had it all hooked up. Fusible links good, everything connected as required, etc.

Jon, are you sure that Cougar was an '88...is it possible it's an '87?

Only other thing I can think of if it is indeed an '88 harness is that the higher optioned cars had a different dash harness than the less optioned ones did.

Not sure I want (or can) rehab my stocker, or if I should try to find another one...

But if anybody can with certainty that there's 2 different dash harnesses for '88 cars, depending on options...it may help someone in the future if they're as dumbassed as me for wanting to reduce wiring bulk and tidy stuff up...heh.
Mine had original: EATC, premium sound/EQ, dual power seats, sentry, buttstuffog cluster, power antenna, moonroof, yadda yada...(for comparison's sake)
I'll take a coupla shots tonight of the difference in the connections of where the fuse block gets the power from. (My stock harness has a black connector that loops back to 12v power, while the replacement has a ring terminal that goes on the starter relay, positive side.)

Thanks all.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #82
Original harness in, car runs...hmmm.

Guess I'll be looking for an '88 parts car soon. Or else mine will be a parts car.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #83
Well, today I was home from work, and it was nice out, so I got a wild hair up my ass to change out the dash harness once again. Swapped OUT the original, and swapped back in the one I got from The Shredder.

Happy to say that the car still starts and runs...indeed, I even threw the shifter back on took it for a few laps around the field....runs like a raped ape.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #84
Great start!

My Sport

Reply #85
Good news for sure. Keep on keepin' on!

My Sport

Reply #86
Thanks guys...I've also snagged up a used Edelbrock carb to go on the '90 Stang...I've got another HO shortblock sitting on a stand, plans for it are a Ford 4bbl intake and the aforementioned Edelbrock, and that's about it. It's just gonna be a beater car to beat on. It's got a salvage title so if I F*ck it up...so be it. Not gonna hassle with finding a donor '90 5.0 to pirate all the wiring from to make it efi, since its about a piece anyway.

I do have some TC/5.0 Stang front brakes and a Stang 8.8 with 10" drums to go on it...but I probably won't get too far into it until the Tbird is on the road in March or so. This WILL be the year...no more bullshiznit.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #87
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;377468
This WILL be the year...no more bullshiznit.

or else.. lol :beatyoass:
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

My Sport

Reply #88
If I could steadily devote 6 hours or so at once every weekend...I'd have had it to the point I envision it in my mind 2 years ago...sadly, with two kids and both of us working (her  near every weekend) free time is in short supply, if it involves doing something outside.

But still, this will be the year...I've got most all the big stuff I need. The rest can wait till it warms up a bit and we get some tax money and time off from work again. :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My Sport

Reply #89
i hear that, to a point.. my business partner has 2 kids and his wife worked 6 days a week when they still lived in jersey.. the only time he was ever able to get away was between the hours of 9pm and 7am.. a lot of long nights just to keep customers happy.. now that he's in DE, he still only sleeps about 2-3 hours a night LOL

so with that, good luck with gathering the time to finish her up, i'm pulling for you.. i know how hard it can be from 2nd hand experience lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver