Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 131920 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #480
Looks great, really like the blue upper.

Reply #482
Quote from: bodyman;434380
Looks great, really like the blue upper.

The lower intake, block, heads, timing cover, and oil pan are the same color (Ford blue) as well.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #483
Nice !!

Reply #484
Quote from: STANG8U;434389
Nice !!

I gotta do mine after seeing yours before I go to Carlisle next Sat. Looks great!

Reply #485
Once the new cam, heads, and valve covers are on, the engine bay gets a makeover. back to awesome like it used to be.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #486
96 Explorer block, crank, and intake (upper and lower), TB, 87 Mark VII F.E.A.D., 3G charging, Thermactor delete, 2000 GT40P heads, upgraded springs and retainers, ARP main studs, head studs, rod bolts and header bolts, BBK short headers, TrickFlow TrackMax stage 1 cam, Keith Black 116STD domed pistons (working out to 10.64:1 CR)  Melling oiling, Clevite H bearings FRPP comp head gaskets.  Coming soon: 30lb/hr injectors, wideband O2's and Moates Quarterhorse tuning module.  Projected output: 340-350 HP (crank).

Ready to go.

Side note, if you're using P heads with domed pistons, ask me how I got the pistons to NOT hit the spark plug boss in the chambers.

Reply #487
Never seen headers painted blue lol

Clean motor though

Reply #488
Quote from: STANG8U;434580
Never seen headers painted blue lol

Exactly.

Actually, it was paint them or replace them.  They were originally polished stainless and when I got them second hand they looked like shiznit so I sand blasted them and ran them.  I didn't like how they looked when the project started, so I made a choice.

Reply #489
Quote from: Thunderbird88;423528
I'm looking forward to that 427w Dart swap!

Well, here is the motor so far, with intake sitting on it. Have a few more details to iron out with the windage tray before bolting on the exterior:X

Still looking for a set of headers that will fit the AFR 205 heads with 4R70W auto. So far, I'm down to Kooks (which require an AFJ K-Member), CPR, and Anderson Motorsports...leaning towards CPR at the moment.

Reply #490
Took this yesterday on my new mini Ipad which was a gift from Paula for Father's Day and an early B-Day gift. :cool:

Engine pic:

Reply #491
Looks great :).

I think you're missing two cylinders though ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #493
Thanks fella's , 6 cylinders to us is like getting there slower and taking it easy on the way back. No worries !!! :poke:

Reply #494
I cleaned up the ride a bit after 4 years of nothing done to the motor.  Cheap degreaser and a powerwasher.

Here are some pics.

84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.