Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 129951 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #195
I see that now in your sig. Duh:dunce:.

Any time slips for the combo?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #196
I've never taken it to the track. The speed shop that did my tuning said an experienced driver with good sticky tires should be able to get it into the mid to low 11's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #197
That's to pretty to start! How many miles do you have on that?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #198
Hey Kitz,show your engine.........................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #199
Ok I think I did. This is an old pic and temporary for now.X
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #200
Kitz is that my old cobra intake? can't remember who I sold that to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #201
Nice engine Kitz. Thanks a lot.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #202
Quote from: Bob;350176
Kitz is that my old cobra intake? can't remember who I sold that to

Just the bottom that Tmoss ported,my bottom went to Vinnie. I never got a top from you.

Reply #203
Yeah,I got Kitz's bottom and put it to good use. Hey............that doesn't sound so good.

Reply #204
Quote from: vinnietbird;350254
yeah,i got kitz's bottom and put it to good use. Hey............that doesn't sound so good.

lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #205
Quote from: Kitz Kat;350171
That's to pretty to start! How many miles do you have on that?

The body has about 140k on it. The engine came out of my 86 Mustang GT that I totalled back in 2000; the bottom end has about 100k on it and I've had the blower set up on it for about 4 years. 2 years ago I upgraded to the RPM II intake and added the power pipe, 75 MM T/B and Lightning MAF...that was good for an additional 46 horse!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #206
Ooo that's a nice T-bird :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #207
Well, my wife is hosting Bunco right now, so it was an opportunity to get some work in. The title does say NOW, so i dont feel too bad posting this...

Dont worry, all the spills and stains are from when we sat the old engine in the same place last weekend. Traded for this engine from another poster here, added the exploder intake. You cant see them, but I blasted all the brackets and painted them black.

Going here soon:

87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Reply #208
I'd post a pic of mine, but it's still at the mechanic after 14 months. He's been fighting fuel/air mixture problems for all that time. We've swapped out the cam, injectors, filters, fuel pump, computer (for a mass-air one), wiring harness, and intake. He even put headers on, stiffer valve springs, and a wider exhaust pipe. Now it's getting GT40 heads and new pistons. If that doesn't get it running right... :wtf:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #209
Here. A couple of shiny new smog-less pics. Shouldn't change much for a while so I'll quit cluttering up the thread;) with my v6:rolleyes:

--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L