Skip to main content
Topic: fog lights wont work (Read 3601 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: fog lights wont work

Reply #17
Use a relay,and good wire.Not that thin stuff.Also,solder the wires,and use heat shrink due to the wetness that can occur under the hood.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
when I tried to jump the foglight switch it arced like both wires were grounded.  could a bad relay do that? I guess I need to take it apart and look further.

Reply #19
there are no relays
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #20
Just a question. Are you running higher wattage headlight bulbs? If so, you need to re wire the system with a relay, or you are going to be destroying headlight switches left and right.  Its worth the effort, because he stock switch is barely adequate for the stock system.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #22
tested bulbs tonight and bulbs are good, still no power to the switch.  where does the power for the fog switch come from?  I didnt notice any wires with the same colors going to the headlight switch when I had it apart today.

Reply #24
power to the fox light switch comes from the headlight switch
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #25
here we go, check fuse position number 7, its a blue, 15A fuse, its for your fog lights only

your fog light switch will only get power when the headlights are on, and only the low beams
It's Gumby's fault.