Skip to main content
Topic: Got it in.....UPDATE today...... (Read 9149 times) previous topic - next topic

Got it in.....UPDATE today......

Reply #31
Sure,why not? I'd love to get a big T-bird/Cougar convoy going .That would be a sight to see. I have to do a few things first.I'm going to spray the dirt and week of filth off shortly and begin the long process of cleaning.I also have to dial in the clutch cable as well.That's all easy stuff now.The hardest part is over,and I'm glad to be driving the Bird again. My trunk is mildly cluttered (that drives me crazy).I like it clean like a new car.I need to vacuum,wash and wax,detail under the hood.....and more.I suppose I'll start with the trunk,and slowly work my way forward.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
Quote from: thunderjet302;319606
I still can't figure out how the pushrods punched through the rocker arms. The stock rocker arms look pretty sturdy.

Maybe if the pushrods were too long they might damage the rockers.

If the pushrod is clogged it will ware through a rocker in no time.
Also if you have some nice heavy valve springs and frequently rev and hold it at 6k you could damage a rocker. (Ask me how I know? LOL)
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

Reply #33
The pushrods weren't clogged at all.It was the springs.There was no revving at all.....but there will be now.LOL. But not until I clean the Sport.I can't cruise until a wash and wax are done,and a little polish on the intake is applied. Besides,a good bath always makes her feel better. We've had a traumatic week.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #34
Find out what had to be done to the seat.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #35
I'll give Ray (the owner) a call and get the details.i think with the "P" heads they need some exhaust spring seat milling to fit them on right.

Reply #36
Quote from: vinnietbird;319696
I'll give Ray (the owner) a call and get the details.i think with the "P" heads they need some exhaust spring seat milling to fit them on right.

They did a lot of work on mine to get the springs right
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #37
Even though the engine is dirty it looks great vinnie. congrats hope the girl is happy with her new powerplant :burnout:

Reply #38
She's happy,and not perfectly clean,the engine is a LOT cleaner now than when I woke up this morning.I also repainted the strut tower brace after my boy wet sanded it,and just installed it minutes ago.Pics tomorrow.I need to make up some kind of small,simple,yet effective graphic for the front edge of the brace.Just small letters,or whatever that one may not even notice right at first.I have some small Thunderbird "birds" but that seems to easy,and,I want something no-one else has.I'll break out a pencil and paper and come up with something this evening. I have to be careful,whatever I come up with has to "fir".Not just random .

Jerry,they had to mill the spring seats,and I'm unsure what else they did.I'll have that info hopefully tomorrow.Are they porting yours?What all is being done to yours?

Reply #39
Here's a couple of pics..............

Reply #40
they ground the springs and milled the seats quite a bit on mine. I didn't have them ported when I had them done. But I might see about it with this guy while he has them and my motor. He's putting the heads on for me and make sure everything's working right with all the new upgrades. We'll see what he thinks. He already told me I need to go Mass air or it won't run right. I told him I was 1 step ahead of him already.

As another teaser.... these are going in the rebuild.
Along with I beam connecting rods. ;)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIS-K229A3/

Edit: sorry, I pasted the wrong one... it's these, not the other set
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIS-PT013H3/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #41
HOLY  !!!! You ARE spending the cash !!! Your pistons cost more than I have in the entire engine....including the head work.Go Jerry Go !!!!

Reply #42
Quote from: vinnietbird;319696

It isn't a "p" head thing. It's any stock ford head with rotaters on the exhaust valve. You changed springs with the same heighth on the intake and exhaust. The seats on the exhaust springs will require maching to get the proper install height.

I take it this isn't the same place you had the head work done on?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #43
LOL.... I don't want the car to fart and burp after all that work I did to it.
Here's the connecting rods
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ESP-5090FB/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #44
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;319746
It isn't a "p" head thing. It's any stock ford head with rotaters on the exhaust valve. You changed springs with the same heighth on the intake and exhaust. The seats on the exhaust springs will require maching to get the proper install height.

I take it this isn't the same place you had the head work done on?

It is the same place.The difference this time,Ray did the work (he's the owner,and really good at what he does). He builds most of the race engines around here.