Skip to main content
Topic: Got it in.....UPDATE today...... (Read 9150 times) previous topic - next topic

Got it in.....UPDATE today......

Reply #15
The push rods were right,the rocker arms (stamped steel) are fine,but the springs were causing the issue on the exhaust side.He installed all new rods,and had to do something with the spring seats.....whatever they did,it worked great.I was half listening when he was talking due to the wife calling,and he was on the way out to spend time with the family (he came in just to finish the Sport......awesome guy). I owe him a Strawberry milkshake as payment.I can do that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
Quote from: daboss351;319544
awesome vin!! I guess i missed alot!!

Yes,I should say so.The Sport has had some changes,engine,wheels,some other stuff.Others have done a lot as well.You need to catch up.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
pics pics pics ..... ive needed a good bird cat fix for a while... ive felt like somethings been missing the past few months,.... noow i know im a fox catbird junkie......
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #18
Sorry,no pics.....I can't upload pics for some reason anymore on this computer.Until I figure it out,I can't do it.I'll try through my wife's account.

Going to try now......stay tuned.........................

Reply #19
Got one !!! I had to go through an ordeal,but here it is.It's filthy from all the trouble shooting and I need to polish it up (tomorrow) then I'll get a nicer shot.

Reply #20
im very jeloues vin. you have done a great job with the old girl!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #21
Very Cool Vinnie!

Reply #22
Thanks a lot. When I get everything clean I'll post up some pics (now that I can use the wife's account). I did manage to get the a/c bracket,steering pump,and compressor together. Turned out great. I'll grab a pic of that as well.

Reply #23
looks real good !!!!!!.......................me likes :bowdown:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #24
It's odd that the pushrods went through the rocker arms. I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Are you running 24lb injectors with the new engine? If so what MAF are you running?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #25
I'll be using the 24's as soon as I get an aftermarket meter. I'll post a pic of the rod through the rocker. I'm keeping it as a souvenier.

Reply #26
I still can't figure out how the pushrods punched through the rocker arms. The stock rocker arms look pretty sturdy.

Maybe if the pushrods were too long they might damage the rockers.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #27
Apparently the stock lifters are stronger than the stock rocker arms.Pics tomorrow.

Reply #28
One reason I stuck with stock lifters is because steel has better metal fatigue characteristics than aluminum. Steel only fatigues down to a certain point; aluminum will fatigue until it fails (or so I've read).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #29
I just sold my Cobra rockers.I'm getting a set of 1.6 roller rockers soon for the Sport.For now,the stamped rockers will work.I'm using stock lifters as well.Next week,I'll start looking for new roller rockers.For now,I need to pour in about 20 gallons of premium gas and go for a drive.