Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 22773 times) previous topic - next topic

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #75
So umm.... I might have missed this, but is there going to be one for the 87-88 models?  I need one with dual power seats and all the fixins.  Basically the fully loaded panel, minus that little cutout in the center that apparently had an alarm at one point
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #76
Eric, I will ask.

88turbo, should be the same price as the others, eg $50 ea.  If a few more people step up, the price will drop.

Blackout, I thought the 85-86s were the same as 87-88s.  You want  one w/ dual power seats, power windows, and mirror control, right?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #77
what's the diff between the 83-84 and the others?
here's what I got. I don't know what it came out of.

Are you talking about the consoles with the rotary  on them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #79
Eric, it looks like they use AutoCad.

daminc, that's the panel I assumed you needed (you're good)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #80
I have a non-TC 83 and would be interested in the panel.  My car was the base model with only the power mirrors.  Is this panel a possibility?  The one I have on there is in great shape as I bought it new back in '99 but one of the corners is starting to peel up.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #81
I got another question..
The mirror switch on the panel is partially recessed into the console. I assume the new ones will make it flush. Was mine bent to make this happen or are they all partially recessed? I have nothing to compare it to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #82
They are all partially recessed for the mirror switch.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #83
Aerocoupe, you want one with only a round mirror control? No pwr windows or seats, right?

daminc, that was the most difficult aspect of this project.  The panel will fit tightly around the controller instead of going underneath it, so the answer to your question is "flusher" (or "more flush"?).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #84
Quote from: t3skidoo;330900
The panel will fit tightly around the controller instead of going underneath it, so the answer to your question is "flusher" (or "more flush"?).

But not totally flush,right?The switch can still snap in place? I can't wait.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #85
That is correct.  I can get a picture of it if needed.

Darren

Reply #86
Vinnie, everything will work correctly.

Aerocoupe, please send a pic for reference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #87
Yesssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #88
Will do.  The car is about five hours away from me at my dad's shop so he is going to take a pic later this evening and email it to me.  Do you want me to post it up in the thread or email it directly to you?

Darren

Reply #89
Post it and share in case it may apply to another member.