Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 22778 times) previous topic - next topic

Update

Reply #60
The shop is going through their (annual) ISO audit this week, so things are going a bit slowly. 

I took them three different console pieces to make measurements and do the design work.  *ASSuming* no delays, the design will take a few days, and they can start cutting next week.  That means they need to know what and how many by this Friday. 

I'll PM everyone that's expressed interest to confirm exactly what you want.  Based on Vinnie's other thread, I'm wondering how many people would like theirs without the striping?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #61
I want mine,no doubt. Dual power seats. With or without the striping (I like it without better).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #62
Quote from: t3skidoo
They're going to look as close to stock as possible, with just a few variations. There won't be any sharp interior corners (eg window control cutouts), they'll be slightly rounded. Smooth upper surface, machined on the underside. The font will be close to the factory, but not exact. All lines, arrows, wording and such will/can be included.

I have a question for anyone that wants to answer.  Isn't there a plastic panel under the stock metal console plate?  That plastic has all of the cut outs for all available options and then the metal plate blocks off the options that were not installed on that particular car, correct?

If that is the case, wouldn't the plastic under the metal plate prevent any kind of back light from showing?  How would one go about back lighting these new panels that Mr. T3skidoo is so graciously having made for us?
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #63
IF the panels would allow lights behind it,then just trim the plastic where needed to add the lights.No biggie,it's just plastic.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #64
I'm still in for the 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #65
Will I have mine by tomorrow?That would be great.

the "striping" is the problem

Reply #66
jkirchman,

The console is plastic.  There are holes to allow the controls to mount.  For a standard backlight, you would need to add or move a light underneath it and make some more holes.  The one problem with that is the "striping".  I don't think it's easily possible to have that backlit by cutting.  An EL panel would solve that problem, or maybe the right combination of LEDs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #67
Bump to the top.

Update my friend.

Reply #68
is it too late to get one of these?  Is this the correct cut outs for the 83/84 console with the round power remote mirror opening?  If so i need a dual power seat panel.....please let me know how much and where to send payment.....thanks! David

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #69
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, Vinnie.  Everything's on track.  They've got the count, I've asked for a final design review before cutting, so will have an answer for you soon.

MY83T,
Maybe. Maybe not.  PM sent, please respond asap
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #70
Quote from: t3skidoo;330327
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, Vinnie.  Everything's on track.  They've got the count, I've asked for a final design review before cutting, so will have an answer for you soon.

MY83T,
Maybe. Maybe not.  PM sent, please respond asap

PM sent, thanks!

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #71
No rush at all,but keep me in the loop.

Reply #72
Went by the shop today and saw the 'prototype' .. a piece of paper.  It's been a long time since a piece of paper got me that excited [insert joke here].

If you have an 83-84 TC, now's the time to let me know if you want an insert.  MY83T was nice enough to send his console so we could get correct measurements for those years.

Here's a question -  Does anyone have a CAD font that matches the font used in our cars?  I've got a Truetype that's very close, but Truetype apparently doesn't play well with CAD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #73
What is the file type for the font that CAD uses? I have a conversion program that may be able to help.