Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 22787 times) previous topic - next topic

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #45
I'm all giddy with excitement.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #46
For you, Vinnie

http://tinyurl.com/2abz9zw

Watchdevil, do you need some encouragement?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #47
Quote from: t3skidoo;325329
For you, Vinnie

Carly Simon is encouragement enough! I have always liked her!

Reply #48
Quote from: t3skidoo;325329
For you, Vinnie

WOW,early 70's all over again.I was but a wee lad......and yes,I'm ready for the console plate.The Sport is more excited than I am.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #49
Are there any updates on this?

As a side note, if anyone has access to CNC equipment, I've been mulling over an instrument cluster makeover for the basic (non-sport) cluster. My idea is to borrow the early-90's (92-ish) F150 fuel, temp, oil, and voltage gauges and make custom plates to cover the speedo and outer lights. The turn signals would have to be moved, most likely to below the speedo, but there are several potential choices. Anyway, long story short, I've been playing with a CAD program and I put together an IGES file for the speedo cover plate. It would sit between the F150 gauges and would give a clean look to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?get0ajthyjt

This doesn't have turn signal cutouts, it's just the basic plate, in case anyone wants to take a look at it.

Here is a link to a free viewer for these files.

http://igsviewer.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #50
I'll second that emotion..........................

Reply #51
I apologize for the late posting. 

There's a short delay in getting the material, it should be ready early next week.  I'll post more details then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #52
I'm ready for mine.PM me AS SOON AS THEY ARE READY !!!!!!

Are they supposed be with a backlight,or no lights?Either way,I'm 100% in.

Reply #53
Lighting is up to you. 

I'd really like to do something with EL but that's a whole other set of issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #54
No problem.The panel I still want.Just let me know when to pay and post a pic when possible.I'm getting anxious.

Reply #55
Tapping foot.........sweating........Mainly because I have to pee and it's really hot here.....but I am waiting for an update......mildly nagging.LOL.

just for you, Vinnie

Reply #56
heading to the shop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #57
Shwingggg !!!!!!!!!

Reply #58
Bet Vinnie pee'd a little when he saw that. :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #59
I don't think that was pee.