Skip to main content
Topic: Running Issues SOLVED!!! (Read 4052 times) previous topic - next topic

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #30
Quote from: daminc;310042
That doesn't work in my car. And the light does actually work.

well thats kinda fubar, isnt it?

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #31
alright, heres my current state.  the car has ran for much longer this time but still died and wont restart I have a strong orange spark but when I puch the bleeder on the fuel rail it doesnt flow much fuel at all not a spray like it should be.  I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter. now this only points me to the IRCM module that runs the pump. I have another IRCM that I can try I will report back shortly.

EDIT. I dont have the other IRCM that I thought I had :(

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #32
Borrow it from the silver 'Bird?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #33
I had a VERY similar problem on my old 86 TC , it turned out it was the eec relay above the computer to the right of the glove box .
 It may be worth a look
Fox-less at the moment

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #34
I would barrow it from the silver bird but its not here and wont be here till about 5:30 6ish.  found an issue with the distributor connector so I changed the connector and pig tail. had the car running great shut it off and now it wont restart.  same issue spark, fuel but no start.  going to check for the eec relay.

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #35
well I have found the problem,  the red injector wire where it comes through the main harness connector was broken and wasnt making a good connection.  all is better and I appreciate all of the help that was given in this thread :D  thank you to everyone that helped

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #36
Congrats man !!!:roxor:
Fox-less at the moment

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #38
Righteous! :burnout:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #39
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;310209
Righteous! :burnout:

thats exactly right ;):burnout: lmao

Running Issues SOLVED!!!

Reply #40
never thouht to add a noid test in the info ,,, using a little bulb to verify the injectors were pulsing.

that eliminates a lot of previous circuits.