Skip to main content
Topic: No power to IVR... (Read 6552 times) previous topic - next topic

No power to IVR...

Reply #75
I will definitely have to check on that tomorrow.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #76
you never did fully explain what happened after bad bulbs were replaced.

when you replaced them, did the speedo as well as all other functions light up?

when the headlamps are turned on ,, do all functions come on but the speedo goes out?

Also, contintuity check all your fuses.  also check to see if it appears a fuse is missing.

Also, do you have auto lamps?

dont forget to answer everything, knowing you have climate control leads me to believe you have many options we have not discussed.  I was originally under the impression you had a very base modle.

No power to IVR...

Reply #77
After the bulbs were replaced, the speedo came on, as well as the battery light,and seatbelt light. When I turned the headlights on, everything went off, the only thing that lit up was the high beam indicator. I do not have autolamps. However, I did try to start the car and noticed I had a dead battery, so I am gonna charge it up today and see what happens.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #78
jump start that thing already:hick:

a dead battery would produce the symptoms you have,,lets cross our fingers.

No power to IVR...

Reply #79
Ok, charged the battery and started the car. No difference, however there is a relay located really close to the firewall behind the headlight switch that I can hear constantly clicking with the car running. It does this with the headlights on, or off. I also noticed the gas gauge moved slightly and so did the temp gauge (temp gauge is still grounded) and thats when I started hearing the relay clicking...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #80
After letting run for a while, I hooked the temp sensor back up, and it's reading, the gas gauge still barely moves, and I no longer hear the clicking I heard when first started. Also, the blower motor is working as it should.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #81
do you think you might be low on gas?
that clicking made me think a diode was shorted somewhere, which in effect would cause surges of power delivery across all your devices.

tell me whats not working,,,,,,,,,

No power to IVR...

Reply #82
I could be low on gas, but the needle isn't even reaching the orange mark.

The things that aren't working.......as far as I know, the only thing not working is the backlighting in the cluster with the lights on. Hell, even the oil light and battery light come on now with the ket turned to "on". The blower motor used to only work on defrost (no matter what spot the dial was in, it only blew out of the defrost vents) and now it is fully functional. The clock (buttstuffog) stopped working also.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #83
with headlamps off and speedo lit (no general illumination),, all seems normal

with headlamps on and speedo goes dark and there is no back lighting, I would check the connector on the back of the main light switch  Light blue / red wire or the tan white wire.

since there are two fuses in this layout already including the main light switch circuit breaker,, just jumper the tan white to the light blue / red wire with a paper clip.  ((with the connector plugged in to the main light switch))).

turn on switch and see what happens.

if fuses blow, main light switch problem

if everything lights up, the problem is in the connector on the main light switch or on the main light switch connector.

No power to IVR...

Reply #84
time to work on clock power now?

remember to list everything that does not work.

run through all the features you can think of.  power seats, mirrors, trunk, dome lights, glove box, ect ect

No power to IVR...

Reply #85
Ok, as far as the gas gauge goes, I did fail to remember as well as mention that the car is on ramps, and didn't have much gas to begin with, so that explains the ultra low reading. However I did put a little bit of gas in and the needle moved a little more.

So, now I plugged the breaker back in that I was previously using inline with the jumper, and the things that aren't working now are the power mirrors and the clock.

*Edit* Clock lights up, just the hands aren't turning. I may have a spare clock somewhere, I'd have to find it first....
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #86
Are you sure, that the clock is gone? I think there is another problem with electricity. Clock rotation has definately another fuse than illumination.

And what's the result of the head light switch test?

//EDIT: Here is the fuse list and their location in the fuse panel.

No power to IVR...

Reply #87
And what's the result of the head light switch test?

If your talking about the test in post 84, we never got to it. We realized the loose wire on the switch as we were about to run that test.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

No power to IVR...

Reply #88
power door locks work?

sounds like we are getting there.

since the clock is pretty simple,, you can test yourself for a while on the evtm and figure out why thats not working.

same for power mirror,,,
my bets are that you have just a few more things not working but you mght not know it until you go to use the feature.

looks like you had to do a crash course in electrical troubleshooting.  Now take all these things you've learned to work and show em you can do it. 

Trinom
You wanna take it from here? I have to be gone all week in NC.

so are we almost done? 

just kidding on the clock and mirror,, we all can continue helping.

No power to IVR...

Reply #89
Trinom - I have tested all fuses and circuit breakers.

Tomorrow I am gonna get this clock situation figured out. Now that I have a better understanding of the evtm and using a meter (Thanks again, Scott) I'm pretty sure I can get it figured out.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII