Skip to main content
Topic: turbocoupe side exhaust ? (Read 2838 times) previous topic - next topic

turbocoupe side exhaust ?

Reply #30
Quote from: vinnietbird;283183
"Yawn" = the debate between the 4 cyl. engines and the V-8 engines.It's a pointless conversation.They both have benefits and disadvantages.6 of one,half a dozen of the other.I love my V-8,but,I also have a deep respect for the turbo 4's around here.The Turbo Coupes (and XR-7's) have proven to be great all around performance cars,as do the modded V-8's.A stock 5.0 car,in my own opinion,can't hold a candle to the Turbo Coupes for example.They can REALLY surprise a person who doesn't know any better.The debate will always linger,but there's no point in getting into it here.We all are here for the cars,whether it's a 4,6,or 8.We (Fox Cat and Bird owners) aren't nearly as large a group as the Stang guys,so we have learned to really respect these cars for what they are,and what they can be with very little work....even more with a lot of work and the right parts.

couldn't have said it better !!!!
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #31
ok, i think this is what i can come up with, 3"turbo back, highflow cat, one flowmaster super 40, then split into 2.5 duals with 3" wide 12" long stainless tips cut at an angle.
do you think that would flow pretty well considering i have a racing header and T5 turbo?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #32
oh thanks for your help and input, i appreciate it. im also thinking about 3" all the way out too.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #33
dont buy flowmaster(restrictive overpriced junk)  I run twin magnaflows on my turbocoupe to dual 2 1/2" pipes and my car makes 400hp easy and it has no problems and is quiet.  Sounds like a stock 5.0 instead of a cammed out 4 cylinder.  I went for sleeper status on my car, rofl.

BTW: what is a T5 turbo??

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Reply #34
so do magnaflows flow better then flowmaster super 40's? i also want something that sounds good.
the T5 turbo is off of 5 cylinder volvos. yeah, im have problems spooling it.... thats another reason im looking for a high flow exhaust

Reply #35
Quote from: quicksilver;284012
so do magnaflows flow better then flowmaster super 40's?

Required reading:  http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=19019

;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!