Skip to main content
Topic: Purity (Read 2866 times) previous topic - next topic

Purity

Reply #1
Wow! Love it

Purity

Reply #2
Oh, great, now you'll have to worry about folding that convertible in two when you pile onto the brakes :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Purity

Reply #3
Oh yeah? Is that all you got? I have small drum brakes in the rear,and tiny front disc breaks !!!!! Yeah,I brought it.Whatcha gonna do now?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Purity

Reply #4
I'm thinking perhaps the reason for the thread is misunderstood. ;)

After 7 years, the suspension is finally detailed.
Front and rear calipers/brackets have been painted.
Switched to SN95 brackets to hold the e-brake cables back.

And finally...after putting up with an inferior paint job that originally came on the Y2K Cobra R rims and resulted in lots of chips and scratches, I got them stripped and powdercoated. It's a new chrome-like finish whose color is indescribable. A light pewterish silver with a reflective clearcoat might be the best way to describe it. New shoes go on Saturday 5/23.

Hence the 'purity' moniker, as nothing in these photos will ever look as good as they do now. Just sharing the joy...

Purity

Reply #5
I knew that.I'm happy for you.They look awesome.I will be happy when I can get the 11 inch brakes on the front.Discs in the rear will be some time from now.,
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Purity

Reply #6
Even your springs look shagy.  lol.  Looks awesome!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Purity

Reply #7
Eric, you have too much time on your hands.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Purity

Reply #8
Lokks sweet eric!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Purity

Reply #9
Quote from: EricCoolCats;273776
I'm thinking perhaps the reason for the thread is misunderstood. ;)

After 7 years, the suspension is finally detailed.
 as nothing in these photos will ever look as good as they do now. Just sharing the joy...

I know exactly how you feel. nothing on my car will ever look as good as it does after the first day that I pull it out and drive it..
Hmmmm... maybe I should never drive it. What if it gets dirty under there. More stuff to worry about now  :hick:

Looks good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Purity

Reply #10
Looks good. Thanks to you I'm now reminded that I have to go out and paint the front brake calipers on the 88 again.:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Purity

Reply #11
I know exactly how you feel. nothing on my car will ever look as good as it does after the first day

Ditto. Just FINALLY squirted the car and finished (for the most part) putting it back together. Just needs the inner fenders front lights, tweak the cat-back and a final detailing. It looks great but i hope i can keep it looking as good as i does now.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Purity

Reply #12
Looks real nice and clean. Did you do the wheels or did you send them out?

How do you like the Bilsteins?

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Purity

Reply #13
Eh, I don't like the rim color - that's the same color my intake turned out after using the most reflective "chrome" powdercoat available with a clearcoat on top. It's glossy but with the effort I put in, I figure I may as well just went standard silver with clear and forgot about all the black basecoat I had to do as prep.

Good powdercoat will hold up really well though, even to a pressure-washer help right up to the material to get them all looking new again! It I had a way to powdercoat my entire rearend, I would as I don't think the paint will hold up.

Gotta love clean parts!
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Purity

Reply #14
Brent, I sent the rims out. Couldn't beat the price: $80/rim to beadblast, powdercoat and clearcoat. They came out better than new on both sides.

The Bilsteins are pretty ed nice. They're stiff as hell, but this car rides like a truck anyway and because of its extra weight, I need all the support I can get. It's just nice knowing that A) I can get them revalved with its lifetime warranty, and B) possibly the last new pair of Bilstein 1980-88 T-Bird/Cougar shocks are on the back. ;)

Seek, I sort of understand what you're saying, but I'm still loving the results here. Much better than before. Besides, if I wanted real chrome I'd have gone that route. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Once the sun comes back out in a few days, I'll get some outside photos. They're pretty stunning in sunlight.

Thanks everyone!