Skip to main content
Topic: Purity (Read 2871 times) previous topic - next topic

Purity

Reply #15
Quote from: EricCoolCats;274515

Seek, I sort of understand what you're saying, but I'm still loving the results here. Much better than before. Besides, if I wanted real chrome I'd have gone that route. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Oh, I agree with you there - I'm not fond of chrome myself but there was no way I was going to spend 100+ hours perfecting the intake to have an aluminum finish. I'd go brushed aluminum on everything if I could :p I'd do rims if I could but I don't have big enough of an oven. We know the snowflakes really need a decent finish with all their ribs grabbing brake dust!

I personally don't mind the Bilsteins at all - they're a bit more firm (could easily quickly depress halfway when they were out) than my 230k mile stockers but nothing too aggressive. Great strut and it appears my sn95's are like 1/2" longer than the stock tbird struts? I'm behind though - still have the 7.5" drum rear with 2.73's and stock control arms on the car to be replaced next month.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Purity

Reply #16
-why does the song, "i'm too shagy for my...." suddenly pop into my head?????:flame:

-j/k...looks awesome Eric.....:bowdown:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Purity

Reply #17
So thanks to this thread I spent a hour and a half repainting my calipers this morning. After I put the Snowflakes back on I found out that you can't even really see the calipers. So I now have nice shiney silver calipers that now one can see unless they bend down and look through the spokes. Thanks :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Purity

Reply #18
Quote from: thunderjet302;274635
So thanks to this thread I spent a hour and a half repainting my calipers this morning. After I put the Snowflakes back on I found out that you can't even really see the calipers. So I now have nice shiney silver calipers that now one can see unless they bend down and look through the spokes. Thanks :hick:

but you know they're there :p
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Purity

Reply #20
yep, ditch the lame snowflakes
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Purity

Reply #21
Quote from: shame302;274691

Hey, I like my snowflakes! I spent a lot of time working and refinishing mine! grrr, lol.

also, what car did you just finishing squirting? lol

Purity

Reply #22
Quote from: EricCoolCats;274515
Brent, I sent the rims out. Couldn't beat the price: $80/rim to beadblast, powdercoat and clearcoat. They came out better than new on both sides.

The Bilsteins are pretty ed nice. They're stiff as hell, but this car rides like a truck anyway and because of its extra weight, I need all the support I can get. It's just nice knowing that A) I can get them revalved with its lifetime warranty, and B) possibly the last new pair of Bilstein 1980-88 T-Bird/Cougar shocks are on the back. ;)

Agreed, $80 a wheel is not bad at all for the results.

I put a set of Bilsteins on my Lightning and I really liked them.  Improved my lap times while at the same time they had a better ride than the stock shocks.
I currently have Koni reds and I wouldn't change them except when I put the SN95 spindles on they won't fit without the spacers so I was thinking about switching to Bilsteins but if they are noticably stiffer then I might just put a Mustang Koni on the front instead.
Thanks for the info.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Purity

Reply #23
possibly the last new pair of Bilstein 1980-88 T-Bird/Cougar shocks are on the back.

Reason #1 as to why I went with the Mustang ones with Chuck's adapters ;)

FWIW -- I'm thinking of buying an entire second set of shocks/struts as a "just in case"

Car looks good as always ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Purity

Reply #24
Quote from: EricCoolCats;274689
You just need the right rims now, to show off your new painted calipers. Easy solution. ;)

Quote from: shame302;274691

But I like the Snowflakes :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Purity

Reply #25
Hey, I like my snowflakes! I spent a lot of time working and refinishing mine! grrr, lol.

also, what car did you just finishing squirting? lol

Painted the Mustang
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/shame302/IMG_0212.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/shame302/IMG_0211.jpg

~John~

Purity

Reply #26
Good to see you fixed it!

Purity

Reply #27
Man, you should've posted the painting in a thread. I would've like to see the progress
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Purity

Reply #28
Ah, I have them, just didn't want to bugger up Eric's thread. I have pics from stock, to swap, to completion (well this weekend I will). Ill post them in my original thread for this car when it can be called complete (sans SC).

~John~

Purity

Reply #29
Quote from: shame302;274808
Ah, I have them, just didn't want to bugger up Eric's thread. I have pics from stock, to swap, to completion (well this weekend I will). Ill post them in my original thread for this car when it can be called complete (sans SC).

Cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook