Skip to main content
Topic: Iam the new boy! And here is my 88 Cat! (Read 4073 times) previous topic - next topic

Iam the new boy! And here is my 88 Cat!

Reply #15
Iam glad i found a Mercury Cougar  forum...
The engine is cold at that moment.. No burning Oil :D hahahah.

Monday i come home.. and then i make some new pictures.. engine and interior..

Some one tryed to steel a cougar emblem..
The rims are 17"  not brock rims but it looks on it.
I want 13" wire wheels..  And later also a air ride..???
Is here anyone thats goth a lowrider cat???????

About a couple of weeks she's going to the painter. Because she have a couple of places where's the paint missing. I want it in top condition.
Then where going install some music. 2 12 inch woofers and a 15 inch TFT in the trunk... :D..

Is there in america an adress? website? where i can geth stuff for my mercury? Emblems and that sort stuff??

Thank you all for the complents.. And in real i have to say she looks even bether... :D

Iam totaly in love on that car :D
Oh yeah! And my first car wash a Mercury Capri  5.0 V8 :)

Greetings Wesley

Reply #16
Quote from: Kitz Kat;256635
Where do you find a car like that there? Thats great and different.
excuse my inglish!!

I dont know i saw it on the internet..
But i never saw another Mercury Cougar like this..
There are not allot here in the Netherlands.. i hope :D:D:D:D

Reply #17
I really don't see many Cougars or Thunderbirds here in America anymore either.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Welcome to the site, I didn't like gold either till I seen your car..

Quote from: vinnietbird;256749

me either, I see like 1 every 6 months
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
I never saw one before!! My dad bought her just beforce the christmas.. The car is been stalled for about 4 a 5 years!!
The interior is in almost brand new condition.. :P
There is another here in the netherlands.. Its for sale for parts..
And yes the emblems are missing.. Cry Cry...

greetings
wesley

Reply #20
Parts
-Best place is here. No lie. What emblems do you need? If I find any Ill grab them for you. If I was in your situation with an American car over there  would buy the parts car and strip it down of EVERYTHING. That way it wont be as hard to get parts.

-There is little aftermarket support (any place to buy parts) for our cars.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #21
Quote from: vinnietbird;256749

Agreed.  I used to see them up here on a regular basis until about 3 or 4 years ago....

Now I see the same 5 or 6 over and over with the very rare unknown car maybe 3 times a year...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #22
Welcome aboard,,, best place on the net !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #23
Welcome to the forum we enjoy anyone from anywhere as long as you have a cougar thunderbird or similar.

Reply #24
Welcome aboard buddy you found the right and best place for parts and help, even here in America these cars are Endangered Species. Most guys here have parts laying around or know of a part there willing to part with, so good luck.
And what motor is it 3.8 or 5.0 you didn’t state.

Reply #25
Quote from: Innes;256832
Welcome aboard buddy you found the right and best place for parts and help, even here in America these cars are Endangered Species. Most guys here have parts laying around or know of a part there willing to part with, so good luck.
And what motor is it 3.8 or 5.0 you didn’t state.

its a 3.8 .... :burnout:

Reply #26
Welcome aboard. Just so you know an xr7 only came with a 5.0L.

Reply #27
Quote from: xjeffs;256882
Welcome aboard. Just so you know an xr7 only came with a 5.0L.

or turbo-4

Reply #28
Quote from: Innes;256887
or turbo-4

Not in '88. Nice car, good to another one across the pond; welcome!

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #29
Nice to see another 88 Cougar XR-7. I've never seen one with the smaller 3.8L & I didn't know you could get an XR-7 with a 3.8L. You'll find about any part you need for it here or on Ebay. I have JL speakers all around & 2 JL 12" W7's with a Kicker amp pushing them in the trunk. I decided to go with JL since they won the world championship sub competion a year or so ago. Good Luck with your project!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1988 Cougar XR-7. My parents specially ordered this car with every option accept leather seats in 1988. I bought it from them in 1998 & since then have installed American Racing wheels (still have factory mag wheels in boxes), ceramic coated headers into dual Flowmaster 50 series lers with single into dual stainless tips, 4 row radiator, B&M Transpak, converted to Mass Air with cold air intake, etc..