Skip to main content
Topic: ThankYou George W Bush AND Welcome President elect Obama (Read 5933 times) previous topic - next topic

ThankYou George W Bush AND Welcome President elect Obama

Reply #45
Quote from: Cougar5.0;252681
No, this person is NOT going let you push YOUR feelings during this time onto ME! You don't even live here and you spell colour like a Brit or a Canadian.

Wait a minute. The same person that was just going on about bigots has just made a bigoted statement against Canadians himself? A reminder: Brits invented English, so I rather think they know how to spell it. Another reminder: Two out of the three admins on this board spell it that way. Like it or not, America has shoved its beliefs, ideals, and culture down the throats of everyone on Earth. This inaugeration affects everybody.

Rancheronut? What are you talking about? You got the moon! Just look at the sky at night, and there it is :D (note: Don't do this when there is no moon :hick:)

Best statement in the thread:
when it come to politician .
if there mouth is moving, there lieing. no matter what there race/color/shag is!
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #46
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;252682
IMO, there is nobody in the United States of America more responsible for getting Obama elected than GWB himself. Seriously, the first thing Obama should have done was thank Bush for making it possible. People just wanted him out so bad, and people viewed McCain as more of the same, dooming the republicans before they even had a nomination. A blindfolded chimp with a pencil in his teeth could've gotten elected as long as he represented something other than Bush & Co.

Not that I'm belittling Obama or his accomplishment. It is truly amazing that only a short time ago a woman caused a national uproar because she wanted to plant her arse on a bus, and now there is a black president (call him half black or half white if you will, but the public goes by appearance, not pedigree). For a minority race to go from not even being able to vote to actually running the place in less than a century is amazing.

No, I'm not belittling Obama, and my heart is actually gladdened that he's finally taken the reins. For better or for worse, history was made today. I'm simply saying that had the majority of the people been happy with the last 8 years they'd have sworn in another Republican today, black or white.

Excellent post. Bush indeed was the number one reason that this event has occured. There was a time when the majority of blacks were supporting Hillary because they were sure that the US would never elect a black man. Bush's complete implosion allowed a window for Obama to make his move. Of course, the fact that he's one of the great orators of our time didn't hurt either :D

I probably should have put a wink or other indication that I was ribbing oldraven about his Candianess. I love Candians - always a hoot to discuss politics with as the perspective is different and "fresh".
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #47
Quote from: Cougar5.0;252681
No, this person is NOT going let you push YOUR feelings during this time onto ME! You don't even live here and you spell colour like a Brit or a Canadian.

I'm talking about the fact that I never said you don't deserve to celebrate. The New Beginning won't get anywhere if people can't eventually get past what they left behind.

Your second sentence proves my point. That's just great fellowship there. :wtf: Being a Canadian, I do have some insight into issues of dragging up the past and keeping a wall between people that should be coming together.

Anyway, I'm just as happy to acknowledge the symbolism of your President being a Black man. It does usher in a new age. I just hope it has a chance to work.

Reply #48
Quote from: Innes;252625

Now what was dumb about my statement yes he is a good speaker,

LOL

Reply #49
Quote from: oldraven;252687
I'm talking about the fact that I never said you don't deserve to celebrate. The New Beginning won't get anywhere if people can't eventually get past what they left behind.

Your second sentence proves my point. That's just great fellowship there. :wtf: Being a Canadian, I do have some insight into issues of dragging up the past and keeping a wall between people that should be coming together.

Anyway, I'm just as happy to acknowledge the symbolism of your President being a Black man. It does usher in a new age. I just hope it has a chance to work.

I was taking the whole message of your post, not just one sentence. I realize that you were OK with the celebration.

Read my above post - I was ribbing you and I enjoy the perspective of Candians.

I have no idea where this is going - one good reason to celebrate the moment. If history is any indication, the moment will not last for long.

Reply #50
Hey, look. Train still chugin' along with no sign of catastrophe. :D

Congratulations Barack. Today you're the first black president of the US. Hopefully tomorrow you'll get a chance to be a man with a big job ahead of him. ;)

Reply #51
Quote from: oldraven;252692
Hey, look. Train still chugin' along with no sign of catastrophe. :D

2 Senators down ill at the follow on luncheon - lol.

Reply #52
hey thunder chicken; i said in my yard not the sky! i highlited it for you ,so you can read it better!

Quote from: rancheronut;252678
i don't care what his  race is but he did promise the moon to every voter. so i keep looking out my front window looking to see if the noon has landed in my front yard. nothing yet??????

as for bush, he follow his daddy foot step's and i hope the door didn't hit him in the butt on the way out.

this is what i have found out:
when it come to politician .
if there mouth is moving, there lieing. no matter what there race/color/shag is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken 

Rancheronut? What are you talking about? You got the moon! Just look at the sky at night, and there it is  (note: Don't do this when there is no moon )

remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #53
    Quote:
                                                                      Originally Posted by shame302                                   
                And those that ignore the fact that he was nominated, thrust into celebrity status by the media and ultimately voted in as the prez for ONLY the reason that he is black are just as ignorant. I think its a sad day for our country because of it.

Wow. All I can say is WOW!
LOL, WHY? No way, no how, not in a million years would he have been nominated if he had a name more like "Bill Smith" and was white and everything else was exactly the same. Its the fact that he is black that got him noticed and as stated before, everybody was in such a panic to get rid of "W" in favor of something different. It sure as hell wasnt his experience, credentials, policies etc. that got him elected. The media pumped him up and its the media that got him elected. I believe we will get out chance, but its not going the be the change people are expecting or hoping for. lucky for him, times suck right now so any improvement will without a doubt be accredited to him. The Obama craze is a form of mental illness imo. Heck, he has all ready been back pedaling so dont hold your breath for too long on this one.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #54
Let's face it, the only reson Obama got elected, is because I don't live in the states. Therefore I couldn't run for president. Case Dismissed.

Reply #55
Quote from: baxo;252698
Let's face it, the only reson Obama got elected, is because I don't live in the states. Therefore I couldn't run for president. Case Dismissed.

Finally somebody brings some common sense into the argument!

:D

:flip:

Reply #56
That's probably true...

~John~

Reply #57
3 years, 364 days and counting.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #58
OMG, I know - I thought Bush's failed presidency would never end!!

The national nightmare is finally over!

Reply #59
The national nightmare is finally over!
And something even more frightening has just begun.

~John~