Skip to main content
Topic: My tribute car to my wife and son (Read 12668 times) previous topic - next topic

My tribute car to my wife and son

Reply #45
Here are some updated pictures

The stats

Reply #46
This car has transported my wife to her cancer treatments in 2000 and my son‘s treatment in 2006/2007. She passed away from Breast cancer Aug 2008 and he passed away from Leukemia in Nov 2007.
Color:
For the color of the Leukemia Ribbon
House of Kolor    Sunset/Sunrise Orange pearl paint
Ghosted in Cancer ribbons on rear pillar one for my wife one for my son
Engine:
331 Stroker w/ MSD electronics built by RPPM Racing
BBK SSI intake      Mass Air Conversion Electric fan                       
Aluminum radiator GT-40 heads Ported & Polished w/ JBA Headers
Flow master 40’s lers w/ custom 3” exhaust
Suspension: 
8.8 Differential with stock gears  FRPP cover
CHE upper & lower control arms & axle brace
5 lug conversion Cobra brakes all around
FRPP springs lowering 1.5 in    Energy Suspension bushings         
Custom Interior:    
Installed the center console  B&M Hammer shifter
Split the rear seat installed a center console w/ cup holders
Cancer ribbon in the rear console  Sound System by Raul of National
              City Removed stock gauges and replaced with buttstuffog gauge

More pictures

Reply #47
here are some more

Reply #48
Nice looking car. Lot's of time and effort there. Certainly something to be very proud of. Do you ever have the urge to show the tail lights to a few other cars?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #49
How's the SSI intake working for you? Was it a challenge to install?  I've heard mixed reviews on it. I had wanted one for a while, but after reading up on it, I went a different direction. It does look good.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #50
Had a corvette one time play with me, Never found out what happen to him. I do think he was surpised though.

Reply #51
The Sport has surprised a few cars as well. Funny stuff.

Reply #52
I like the intake. It was easy to install sits perfectly under the hood. I read the reviews as well and they are people’s opinions mostly the mustang guys don’t like them. I wanted something different from the norm of doing GT-40/ Explorer (no Offense to anyone), or the other intakes that people do.  Plus living here I have limits. California sucks for that.  I wanted to do a super charger but that was going to be pain staking and not really worth it. So right now I'm pulling 345 horses to the rear wheels. Still have some more to go. thanks for the comments.

Did you have a problem installing that gas door?

Reply #53
i like when the Mustangs come rolling up? I usaully just press the throttle and see if they can keep up, most give up.  Or the classic question I get at car shows from the young guys, Why not a mustang? I tell them why, they all look the same. Ever seen one of these before?

Reply #54
The fuel door on the Sport was easy to do. Mild clearancing of a little metal, and new fasteners. Done.

I had a GT-40 and a couple of Explorer intakes on the Sport's engine, then I installed a Trick Flow intake a few weeks ago. I also upgraded to a 70mm t-body and spacer to match the polishing I did to the upper intake.  I may swap intakes again one day, but for now, I'm happy. Hopefully I'll get some dyno time in within the next couple of months. It's an ongoing, never ending project.

Reply #55
As always, that's one of the most beautiful Thunderbirds I have ever seen. That you've built it under the weight of not one, but two tragedies in your life is awe inspiring.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #56
For your engine did you have to step up injector sizes and if so what did you do for tuning.
Great looking car.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #57
Beautiful car, great story behind it.  You have taken some chances with some of the things you have done with it, but its all turned out great.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #58
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;364007
As always, that's one of the most beautiful Thunderbirds I have ever seen. That you've built it under the weight of not one, but two tragedies in your life is awe inspiring.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

X2

I would not be able to last one day in your shoes.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #59
Just saw this thread and i am absolutely speechless on so many levels.......amazing car, beautiful legacy, awful tragedy, and inspiring recovery. Brought a tear to my eye, being a car guy and a family man too.  Best of luck to you and your daughter for a future filled with laughter and smiles......

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler