Skip to main content
Topic: My tribute car to my wife and son (Read 12666 times) previous topic - next topic

My tribute car to my wife and son

This car was bought in Hawaii as transportation to bring my wife to her cancer treatments. It became a family car. In 2006 my son was diagnosed with leukemia and it became his transportation for his treatments. He loved this car and it was going to be our project car during his breaks from treatment. Well he passed away in NOV 2007. So I started working on it as his memorial and as the plate says ”KVNLGCY”  (Kevin legacy)
Than in Aug 2008 my wife passed away from her 8 yr bout with cancer. My daughter and I wanted to make a nice car in honor of both of them.   

This is what I have done to the car so far to date:
Converted from 4 lug to 5 lug
Changes rear end to an 8.8
Complete MSD ignition system
New under drive pulleys
New aluminum radiator 2 passes
CHE upper and lower rear control arms
Converted from column to floor shifter (B&M Hammer)
Converted from standard gauges to stock buttstuffog ones
Heater control conversion and moved up to were radio slot was
Installed center consul
Re upholstered the whole interior split the back seat and installed a rear consul
Added the rear spoiler and the turbo coupe hood
Smoked the lights front and rear
Maximum motorsport Caster/Camber plate
And many more small stuff

Reply #1
That is awesome, man. A great tribute. It's good to see that your family's tragedy has managed to motivate you. I can't say I would be able to do the same for certain.

How about some interior photos and one of that quarter window decal? :)

Reply #2
Beautiful car. Workmanship worthy of their legacy.

Reply #3
There are more to come. It still not 100% complete.

Reply #4
LOOKS GREAT!!!!

WE need more pics! ALOT more. I really like the color. Always been a fan of orange. The car looks amazing, but the fact that it has such a rich history and connection makes it even more amazing.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
Wow that car is awesome.  Great history too; nice to see you using such tragedy in a positive way.  And yes, we need more pics!  Some 3/4 view pics would be great.

Reply #6
Youve definately come to the right place... sorry for your loss.. i couldnt imagine how you felt,...REALLY nice bird!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #7
-awesome, awesome car.....job well done.
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #8
nice!:burnout: :cool: :sorry: :D
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #9
Great looking car !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
That's an awesome car, and a fine memorial. Kudos for a job well done, even though you say it's still ongoing. That's a unique color of paint, what is the name of it, if you don't mind?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #11
Nice bird, how did you tint your tailights, did you use the "NightShade" product? Also where did you get the color option from? Just curious.

Reply #12
Nice car, But I need more pics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
Wow excellent car, and did you say, Hawaii? They got these birds running around in Hawaii? Wow. And sorry to hear about your family, that's tragic :(